Lots Of Jersey City-mall-cape Liberty Questions

saileraway

Hopefully I'll have time to pull up some searches this evening as I know the subject has probably been thoroughly discussed on these boards. However, we're short on time. I'm assuming we'll be off of the Explorer of the Seas by 9 to 9:30 a.m. at the latest. Our flight home out of Newark does not leave until 5:30 p.m. I've heard the New Jersey Mall is a good place to hang out to kill some time. Does anyone know about how much cab fare from the cruise terminal to the mall and then to Newark would run us? Any other suggestions? I've called RCI and have been assured that Continental offers valet luggage service so we have our fingers crossed that we won't have any luggage with us. Any other suggestions? I'm hearing rumblings about a taxi strike in September. I hope that's not true!!!

Cab fare is about $40-45 from cape Lib to EWR. Jersey Gardens mall has a shuttle from the airport to the mall

http://www.cruiseliberty.com

http://www.jerseygardens.com

other than that, you'd make yourself nuts trying to get into NYC......the mall isn't bad....outlets mainly-some good prices, some so-so....but it is something to do.

hth

The Taxi strike is NY City's yellow cabs which can't pick up people in New Jersey at all and should there fore have little effect. The New Jersey cabs are not permittted to pick up fares in NY City either unless they are registered with the NY City TLC which 99% of the New Jersey cabs aren't.

They do sometimes suspend these rules but I wouldn't think the NJ cabs would take a chance of being .....scolded by the strikers...if they strike.

Archived