Pirate Night costumes

shoequeen1001

OMGoodness I just bought the CUTEST costumes for the kids to wear on Pirates night and the pictures with Capt Jack Sparrow!!!!!:D :D

lillyskids.com is one site and the other is https://www.halloweenexpress.com. My DD (7) is getting the victorian pirate girl and my DS (10) is getting Capt Jack. They are going to look SOOOO cute on Pirate night!!!

ALso check out ORiental trading co. for props.

Good Morning;

How do you know if you need to pack for a pirate party or a tropical party. Or should you just plan on both? We are traveling to the mexican riviera. I dont see many reviews on that sailing. Especially the excursions.

If you have traveled with a 2 year old on the magic I would love some pointers of do's and donts...really have my doubts about leaving the baby with strangers but I know we need some grown up time too.

The suggested dress for pirate night is pirate or tropical attire.

so you dont need to worry about both, just decide whch you want to do.

Some dont feel comfortable dressing a s a pirate so tropical gives them a way to participate without dressing up in a costume

We dress as pirates because that really is the them of the night and it is so much fun to do. even a bandana and pirate t-shirt will add to the fun if you dont want to dress up all the way as a pirate.

On the Magic with a 2 year old. I would bring lots of swim diapers and sunblock for the Mickey ear that is reserved for toddlers. It has water jets not deep water. They sell swim diapers on board but they are expensive and sell out quickly.

Our 2 year old grandson had a blast in the water area. The nursery has nice toys and lots of attention for the kids. They have a 2 way window inside the door where you can pop in and look and see how he is doing at anytime. Plus they have a beeper for you so they can call you at anytime if needed. I would give it a try at least once. They are great there!!

One suggestion that didnt occur to us is little kids who know Mickey mouse from TV seem to think he is the size of a mouse. many young kids are terrified of the characters because they are so big!! If there is anyway to prepare him that Mickey is big I would do it and perhaps be holding him up high when he first sees him so he wont be as intimated by the characters. After 14 cruises I have seen a ton of kids who are scared to death, mostly because of the size fo the characters. it is soemthing to think about.

at dinner dont be afraid to ask for his dinner to be delivered ASAP instead of waiting for your dinners to arrive. also you can order off the kids or adult menu for him If there is something on the menu you would like to have pureed for him, just ask they will puree fruits and vegetables for you if you request it. No microwaves for reheating things.

ask when you book or call right back and request a crib for the room. They are free of charge but they dont have a lot of them so you must request it ahead of time to get one.

There is milk at the drink station on deck 9 24 hours a day, or at breakfast in the buffet grab a carton of milk, chocolate milk, glass of juice or container of yogurt and take back to the room for later, You have a mini fring there to keep it cold. we also too a plate of fresh fruit back for a healthy snack just before or after nap time.

You can always just go and get it, but it is so nice to have it handy in the room and little kids always seem to want a drink or snack.

mom x4,grandma x4

We used Flounders for our 16 month old. She loved it. The staff was great.

We booked on the first day our sailing opened. We ordered the crib right away. It was in the room when we arrived. The closet had enough room to store the double stroller and the umbrella stroller. We had four in our room. Of course, the kids clothes didn't take up much room.

Your information is so helpful. Thank you so much. She will be 2 years old 6 days before we sail. We are doing the mexican riviera. We want to do some water sports in Cabo and she just isnt big enough to do all that stuff. My boys are 11 and 15. Do the pagers work off the ship if we left her at the daycare? In Mazatlan we are going to go on the island excursion and just hang out there. She can go there...cant remember the name of it at the moment.

I searched and searched for activities and found places to book without going through the cruise line and it is refundable if the plans change. A lot said 5 years and up, I questioned them. They told me they just charge for children 5 years and older any younger than that are free.

We just went to disneyland and she wasnt quite sure of the characters. Was not scared just watched them closely. We will go again in December so we can make sure she sees them more. How awesome that the characters are all throughout the ship. I dont know if I am more excited or my kids. I guess as a mom, it makes us excited and happy to see our children excited. I am sooo soooo looking forward to this trip. Too bad it isnt soon enough. We sail June 29th 08.

How did your teens like it?

Archived