Intercontinental Dinner and Show

Degas

Has anyone been to the Intercontinental on a fri or sat for their big dinner and Dance revue???

I get in on Frid at about 6:30 and am staying at the IC but will be late for the dinnner and show.

The next night we sail at 10pm and the show finishes at about 9:30 so we need to hustle or leave early.

The reason I am having such a hard time decided is that our PG itinerary precludes some of us from staying for an evening big show on any of our ports. Rangiroa and Bora Bora are the only 2 places we leave lateenough or stay or to go to one of the spectacular shows but we at in Bora Bota on a Sunday so I don;t think the big show happens on a sunday.

Can anyone shed any light on this matter ????

Thanks

Yes, I went to the IC dinner/show in Papeete. It was excellent. The dinner was fine--a buffet, but a quality one. But very pricey for what it was. At the IC, you don't necessarily have to have the dinner to watch the show--you can go into the bar for a drink and watch from there. The view is not quite as good, but still fine.

I'd be concerned about cutting it that close to sailing time if you stay for the whole thing--and the finale is worth staying for. Though the PG sailed a couple hours late on my cruise, you can't count on that. It's about a 15-minute drive from the IC to the port, but they may have the gangway up by that time, not to mention that traffic in Papeete can be bad at the oddest times.

That being said, if it's the show that's your goal, you may not have to worry over it. I did the 7-day cruise, and the same troupe (not the same performers but the same group) came aboard and did a show on the PG one evening. While the show onboard was a bit less elaborate than the IC one (but not by much), the performances were as good or even better. I don't know if they have them on all PG cruises, but they did on mine. You might call RSSC and check, or have your TA do so.

We did the dinner and show about 1 yr ago and found the dinner to be very poor and quite expensive and the show silly. We didn't make it for the finale, we walked out part way through the show. It was very staged and we couldn't hear a word that the people were saying. If you go, don't buy dinner, you can certainly find someplace else to eat better then that. And if you must see the show, try to sit close enough to hear. But my advise, don't waste your money, spend it on a great shore excursion!

Tammy

We loved the show - we did get great seats. We came in on Wednesday so we were able to see it in full. We love seafood and there were lobster tails and other assorted seafood items, fresh sushi and a host of other Tahitian style menu items. Once dinner was finished, the show began - very little to hear other than the music which was loud enough to be heard through out the whole area. Friends flew in and joined us at the table after dinner on Friday without any problem. We were all staying at the hotel and there was no charge for them to do that since they did not eat. I would do that again if I went back.

Archived