Voyager Cabin 733-735 Question?

cruiseerf

Hello:

This will be our first family trip on Regent....we were cancelled when the diamond went out of service and now we are trying once again.

We have reserved 733 a balcony cabin and 735 the adjoining midship Voyager suite. I do notice however in the picture that the life boat is directly below these cabins........Has anyone had any experience with these cabins? Are these undesireables? Do the boats block the views and make you feel less at sea? We had wanted to be lower as it rides better in case of bad weather.

Thanking you all in advance.

I can't answer your question with any real certainty-- only to say that I asked the same question some time ago. I.e. we're booked in 734 for a future trip on Voyager (all suites on that ship have balconies, by the way). I'd hoped for the lower deck, and hoped not to be on top of lifeboat. But that was what was available when we booked. Responders to my query said (if I'm remembering corectly) that it's not so bad: if one stands at the edge of the balcony, yes, one sees the boat below. But from a sitting position, or from the back part of the balcony, one does not see the lifeboat. I think what I'm saying is correct. Bon Voyage!

We were in suite 732 in May on the Funchal to Barcelona sailing. 732 is the port side version of 733 (starboard) and is, I believe, a mirror image to 733. We too were worried about the lifeboats, but 732 is in-between the lifeboats. We did not have an obstructed view and the location is excellent as it is slightly forward of mid-ship. I would not hesitate to book this suite again.

Archived