National Motor Museum and Beaulieu Abbey on Own?

jeno

In late April we will be arriving on the Queen Victoria and leaving on the Queen Mary 2 on the same day. We would like to visit these two places and would rather not go on the ship’s tour. We would like to spend more time in the museum. Any ideas for a driver or another way to do this? Thanks!

In late April we will be arriving on the Queen Victoria and leaving on the Queen Mary 2 on the same day. We would like to visit these two places and would rather not go on the ship’s tour. We would like to spend more time in the museum. Any ideas for a driver or another way to do this? Thanks!

Where do you dock and where do you sail from?

Hi there

Having lived in Southampton and worked in the New Forest for many years, I would suggest you get a taxi and make your own way. If there are two of you and you pay £30 each or more for a tour, then a taxi driver would probably be quite happy to take you to Beaulieu for £60 and come back a scenic route!!

Beaulieu is reached acrross beautiful Forest, ask them to take you across the Forest Road, from Hythe area.

The Abbey and Museum are in the same place, then walk over the road to the Beaulieu Arms and walk up the village, dodging the ponies. If you get the opportunity to do so, go over to Lyndhurst a small town in the centre of the New Forest.

The New Forest is an amazing place and I miss it dreadfully, I still can't believe I left such an area (I worked in Lyndhurst) and went up to the dreary North West!!!

Enjoy.:)

Kate

Hi there

Having lived in Southampton and worked in the New Forest for many years, I would suggest you get a taxi and make your own way. If there are two of you and you pay £30 each or more for a tour, then a taxi driver would probably be quite happy to take you to Beaulieu for £60 and come back a scenic route!!

Kate

Thanks for the reply. Would the driver stay with us for that amount of money? It doesn't seem like enough for that length of time.

I would rather have a driver set up in advance if possible. I just don't want to chance getting stranded.

Thanks,

Jeanne

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there

Having lived in Southampton and worked in the New Forest for many years, I would suggest you get a taxi and make your own way. If there are two of you and you pay £30 each or more for a tour, then a taxi driver would probably be quite happy to take you to Beaulieu for £60 and come back a scenic route!

Kate

Hi Kate,

Would we use the same taxi both ways or have a drop off and ask the people at the museum to call us a return one when we are ready? About how far is it between the port and the museum?

Thanks, Jeanne

Archived