Harley Davidson rental

Aleciajoyful1

We don't have any experience with renting a Harley, but we did stop into the Maui Harley Davidson to pick up a shirt. I remember seeing a sign for rentals, and thinking the prices were not that bad. Sorry I dont remember what they were. The Maui Harley Davidson was conveniently located in front of Walmart. It was two stops in one for us. Have fun.

Amy

My husband rented a HD in Maui one time when we cruised in HI and this summer we rented one in Kona. I know Hilo has a dealer too. The prices were pretty reasonable for a day and we rented a touring bike so had a great ride along the beach in Kona. We planned to ride around the island but we started to run into rain as we headed to Hilo so turned around although they had given us rain suits we weren't in the mood to get wet. We found info on the websites (did a search) and then called to reserve which is necessary since they said they are often all rented.

I'm sure we'll rent again if we go because it is a great way to see the islands.

We don't have any experience with renting a Harley, but we did stop into the Maui Harley Davidson to pick up a shirt. I remember seeing a sign for rentals, and thinking the prices were not that bad. Sorry I dont remember what they were. The Maui Harley Davidson was conveniently located in front of Walmart. It was two stops in one for us. Have fun.

Amy

We can recommend Maui Harley Davidson. My brother rented twice during his visits to the island, and spoke highly of them. He also had a great time touring the island on his bike. You can easily find them using Google.

Hope this helps.

I was just about to ask this same question, thanks Alecia.

Also, for anyone who has done this before, which island would you recommend riding? Something for just a good sight-seeing day, no snorkeling or shopping. We know Oahu and Maui pretty well, but on this trip we're also going to Kauai, Kona and Hilo. I'm thinking Kauai would be nice, anyone have experience riding there?

2B and alecia,

I would really play it by ear and check the weather. If rain or high winds are forcasted....It could be a tough ride. Kauai and Hilo have more chances of rain, typically. Kona is the dry side of the big island. Maui is awesome. But, like I said...everyday is different with the weather. Winds usually pick up in the afternoon. Be sure to lather on the sunscreen, and wear polarized sunglasses for spectacular ocean viewing.

have fun!

Mo-n-CJ, thank you very much for the input. We ride in Florida, so we are used to heat and unexpected rain. We always carry rain gear with us. High winds is another story. I guess we can always reserve ahead of time, and then cancel close to the cruise if we find the weather to be bad. Speaking of, how is the weather mid October? I know it is still hurricane season so I guess anything could happen!

Archived