Brilliance near bump elevators

jealdaka

I dont think the elevators wil be facing out to sea. so with that I think your cabin is fine. I dont see any obstructions in your way of your cabins so I dont understand how your view will be blocked.

I thought from the pictures that the elevators were glass on the outside and kind of "bubbled" out. The obstructed view I am worried about is being able to see backward around the cabin that sits farther out.

Thanks for your help!

The glass elevators are inside the atrium. The elevtor that is next door to your cabin is a regular one---all enclosed. No worries there.

Stayin g on the hump is a premium for lots of people. You will be able to look back while sailing. If you took a cabin 8560 -8584 the hump will be in your way and you wont be able to see. (same way with the back of the ship.. you wont be able to see forward because of the hump- stay where you are.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming the Brilliance is the same as the Radiance, one set of elevators does

face out to sea. The view is breathtaking! However they are set back a bit, and I don't believe they can see the balconies. I have booked 8088 on the Radiance in November, so I will be able to speak with certainty after that. Can't wait!

We had cabin 8088 on the Radiance in May of this year.

It was a great location, and one of the largest E1 balcony cabins. The balcony is totally private and huge. No worries about the glass elevator blocking views, or noise from the elevators, or people looking onto your balcony.

The only downfall of this location is the music that's played in the atrium late at night, which rises up through the center. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing music while going to sleep, but not until 12 or 1am. So if you're a light sleeper, or one that retires early, this location might not be the best. However, the large balcony and physical location to everything on the ship, more than makes up for the late-night music.

The Radiance has been our favorite ship out of 10 cruises we've taken. We can't wait to go on another one, or on one of her sister ships.

Have a great time!

Jealous 'SD Cruiser'

I was just looking at 8088 and 8086 on the Jewel for April 2006.

Look like prime cabins to me. 8088 has a pullman and 8086 has a sofabed, I believe. May or may not have a third passenger, DS who weighs 210#, so I need to book for three to start.

Any suggestions on which would be the best?

I would take 8088 for three people, with the pullman bed. The reason is that the pullman bed comes down from the ceiling over the queen bed. This allows for more walking space within the cabin, especially towards the bathroom area at night. We even left the pullman bed in place during the day for naps for my son. It worked out great for the three of us. The cabin steward can always push the bed back up into the ceiling during the day. You don't even know it's there!!

Having the sofabed pulled out would have made things more difficult to move about the cabin, day or night, IMHO.

SDCruiser

sdcruiser: Not sure if I'd want a 210# kid sleeping in a pullman over our bed, but I'm sure they wouldn't put them there if it wasn't safe... :eek:

This will be our first cruise with DS so all suggestions are welcome. 8088 looks like a great choice. :)

• 1 month later...

Amazing how this far out, the only cabin for 3 around the hump on Jewel for April 22, 2006 sailing is 8086 which I have on hold, but not for long they say...

Guess I better do the deposit or I'll end up with a 'regular' balcony.. :rolleyes:

Last cruise was my first balcony.. I'm stuck now!! Most people would be happy with any cabin with a balcony... I just look for something a little different each time. :)

Archived