Fun Poll - Would You Trade Places for the Day?

WeLoveCruising

If just for today, you could trade places with someone on a HAL ship, it would be:  

100 members have voted

1. 1. If just for today, you could trade places with someone on a HAL ship, it would be:

• Amsterdam - Tracy Arm, Alaska
    • Maasdam - At Sea, Saguenay River, Quebec Canada
    • Noordam - At Sea, en route to Glacier Bay
    • Oosterdam - Juneau, Alaska
    • Prinsendam - Leith (Edinburgh) Scotland
    • Rotterdam - Gibraltar
    • Ryndam - College Fjord, Alaska
    • Statendam - At Sea, Inside Passage, Alaska
    • Veendam - Torshavn, Faroe Islands
    • Volendam - Skagway, Alaska
    • Westerdam - Palermo Sicily, Italy
    • Zaandam - Ketchikan, Alaska
    • Zuiderdam - Juneau, Alaska
    • Wouldnt Change Where I Am Today 8/27/07

I always try to read LAFFNVEGAS (Lisa's) post on where the HAL ships are for the day, and daydream for a minute wishing I was on one of them. I got the idea today for a fun little poll. If you were to trade places with someone on a HAL ship for just one day...today, which one would it be?

The choices are all based on where each HAL ship is today, 8/27/07.

Lisa, I hope you dont mind that I copied them from your thread :)

FYI

I voted for the Rotterdam in Gibraltar. I love European cruises. That narrowed it down for me to Rotterdam, the Prinsendam in Scotland, the Westerdam in Sicily, or the Veendam in the Faroe Islands. I chose the Rotterdam because I love the Med, and it is a gorgeous ship!

Lisa, I hope you dont mind that I copied them from your thread :)

Not problem;)

I selected Torshavn, Faroe Islands. We were there in 2001 on the Amsterdam. It was the biggest pleasant surprise of the entire cruise for us and I would like to see it again!

Me Too Bill, For 2 reasons the Faroe Islands look to be absolutely beautiful and I also loved the Veendam So definitely count me in to be here:cool:

Its already the 28th down here, and I just haven't got time to go to sea today, I might miss my flight to the USA :D

Oh no...sorry, Chivalrygirl. I would trade places with you almost any day to be in New Zealand. I've heard some amazing things about it but have never been there. After three back surgeries my DH wont sit on a flight for that long :(

I picked the Noordam because I have yet to experience that ship. Right now the thought of cool Alaska breezes across the Lower Promenade Deck is inviting too. As you know, we have quite the opposite during Florida summers.

I love cruising in Alaska, but the long flight is no picnic.

This was a neat idea for a poll!

:)

Oh no...sorry, Chivalrygirl. I would trade places with you almost any day to be in New Zealand. I've heard some amazing things about it but have never been there. After three back surgeries my DH wont sit on a flight for that long :(

Thats tough for you and your DH. But you wouldn't want to trade places today, the weather is wet and windy and definitely Yuck. I am so looking forward to getting some of your really hot weather, hope it lasts for us.

You know there is another way to come on down here, by SHIP:D We sailed down last year on the Statendam, it was great.

I chose Leith, Scotland as my ancestors (at least one half of the family anyway) came from that part of the world. It's definitely in my sights for future travel but now that I've caught this cruise bug, perhaps a HAL ship will help me get there. :)

Shhhhhh, don't even mention New Zealand, my friend might see this post! She's trying to convince me to book a cruise there in fall '08 but my poor cruise budget is stretched to the limit! Hmmm.....I wonder how much paper routes are paying these days? ;)

... Hmmm.....I wonder how much paper routes are paying these days? ;)

I know (from someone who did it) that in this area (40 miles west of Chicago) you can earn $225 a week for delivering 300 papers to driveways - start at 1am, finish by 5am. If you can wangle a commercial route (bundles to stores) you can rake in up to $450 a week, and the hours are shorter!

More than you wanted to know? :)

Great poll, Welovecruising!

I picked Prinsendam in Leith (Edinburgh), Scotland. Really like the ship and always wanted to visit Edingburgh, preferably when they are holding the Tatoo by the castle:)

Thanks, Copper

I learned something...I didnt know what the Tatoo was, so I googled it. Looks very interesting! We've been thinking about booking the Eurodam inaugural which I believe now stops in Scotland.

Narrowing it down to Leith, Gibralter, and Torshavn was easy, but then it was a tough, tough choice. I love all three ships, and have enjoyed myself everso in Torshavn and Leith, but I decided on Gibralter because it would be a new stop for me.

Prinsendam and Edinburgh. Great ship and one of my favorite cities. A combination hard to beat.

Cooper...Some of the most fun I've had traveling was at the Tattoo and the fringe festival a few years ago. Love the Scots!

Well if there was an Option for all of the above I would have probably picked that (it's Mon and I had to go back to work from a long weekend so any place else sounds good!) :) but I chose Ketchikan. That was my first port on my first cruise 20+ years ago and I still love it and Alaska.

After finding it on a map, ;) , I voted for Torshavn, in the Faroe Islands. I'd love to get to the Med someday, & someday will probably come. So, too will Alaska. But that Torshavn looks exotic, wild & waaaaay out there. A dream.

Plus it would get me back on Veendam. Too bad Capt. Albert is on (well-deserved) vacation right now. Love, love, love his blog. :)

Fun poll. Great idea.

It's interesting to me that all the Alaska votes together dont equal some of the European votes. I wonder if money is no object that most people would prefer a more distant and exotic day? (Although from where I am in NY its quicker to fly to some places in Europe rather than Alaksa).

FYI

I voted for the Rotterdam in Gibraltar. I love European cruises. That narrowed it down for me to Rotterdam, the Prinsendam in Scotland, the Westerdam in Sicily, or the Veendam in the Faroe Islands. I chose the Rotterdam because I love the Med, and it is a gorgeous ship!

Same here. I'd love to see those tailess monkeys. I was supposed to have gone there on my cruise next fall, but sadly had to cancel it due to my upcoming school schedule. But, don't worry ... Gilbraltar is on my list of places to see before I die. I'll get there.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived