Priceline question, can someone explain

stprdi

I've booked hrough priceline and after I made the reservation, I called the hotel directly and they were able to make the notation on our reservation that we needed 2 double/queen beds w/ no problem.

I think I read that this was possible in the fine print somewhere on the priceline site. Something about the reservation is only guaranteed for 2 people, but you can call the hotel directly with special requests if needed.

As stated earlier, you cannot specify any typical requests on Priceline. Yes, I always call the hotel direct closer to the date of my res. to request certain things. But that's all it is...a REQUEST. The hotel is under no obligation to give you your request. We like King size beds. Sometimes we get them. Sometimes not. Depends what is available when we check in. If we needed an extra bed "for sure", I wouldn't book with Priceline. Don't want any surprises or disappointments at the start of my vacation.

As stated earlier, you cannot specify any typical requests on Priceline. Yes, I always call the hotel direct closer to the date of my res. to request certain things. But that's all it is...a REQUEST. The hotel is under no obligation to give you your request. We like King size beds. Sometimes we get them. Sometimes not. Depends what is available when we check in. If we needed an extra bed "for sure", I wouldn't book with Priceline. Don't want any surprises or disappointments at the start of my vacation.

This is correct. I use PL often all over the world but I never book expecting anything other than what they guarantee: a room for two people, period.

Guaranteed only for 2 people. Some hotels (like in NY) only have 1 bed or 2 twins and 3 people can't fit. A few years ago I thought I'd be safe booking thru Priceline for an Orlando room 1 night pre-Disney package. Well the room had a queen bed. That's all the hotel had. No 2 bed rooms. Our 13 yr old son had to sleep on the recliner that was in the room. Thank goodness the room at least had that. (He thought it was cool and enjoyed sleeping on it.)

Just be careful. I think I'd used Hotwire if you have 3 people.

Kathy

Archived