Copenhagen Marriot

I'll post here about taxis and copy into Just back thread I started.

CPH to Marriott 2pm - 194 DKK ...we had 4 med. suitcases and 2 carryons and 2 people...fit all in regular mercedes taxi with 1 case in front seat. Taxis are metered in Copenhagen and usually start off with a fee. 15-20min.ride.

If you have someone order up a taxi for you the starting fee is higher than just standing in the taxi line to get one.

There were plenty of taxis at the CPH outside the arrivals door.

Marriott to ship was about 140 to 150 DKK

I didn't go this route but if I had I would have pre arranged transportation from the ship to the airport. It was a nightmare situation IMO inside that luggage tent after 8 onwards to 9:30 am or so. A very long taxi line up.

Transfers were $40 per person

Oregon Duck, I admire your tenacity. I just booked a room with the Copenhagen Marriott late last night. My inital bid was $110 (based on all your posts); of course, they responded with the option to affer $122. I figured my nerves needed a break, so I went for it. I did take the insurance, as you mentioned. I, too, think it's a reasonable idea. Even though we're only in our early 60's, we've recently lost two friends close in age. We always get cruise travel insurance, so it kind made sense to safeguard against the loss of our booking, since we've prepaid so far in advance (we sail May 5th on the Crown Princess).

I gather that the hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the town center. Does anyone know how far the port is from the Marriott?:confused:

Thanks for all the info.

Denise:)

I booked the Marriott on Priceline about 3 weeks ago at $130 a night for next May. I probably could have gotten it for a little less, but when I bid $125, the message was that it was low for a 4* hotel. So, I went with $130. I still think it's a bargain considering the hotel room prices I have seen on Expedia, Orbitz, etc.

Ignore the message...they always try to get you to bid up. $130 is a good price

Al

How far is the Marriott from the airport and does it provide shuttle services. We arrive on July 12th, 2008 and must depart on Sunday the 13th. Our flight departs for Frankfurt at 7:00 AM. So we want to make sure that we have no glitches getting to the plane.

From what I've read here on the boards and heard from others who have stayed there, it is either a taxi or the train.

Since you are leaving so early I would prefer staying at the airport, like the Hilton--where it is right at the terminal with a bridge. There are a couple of others near the airport also. Don't know about the morning commute.

How far is the Marriott from the airport and does it provide shuttle services. We arrive on July 12th, 2008 and must depart on Sunday the 13th. Our flight departs for Frankfurt at 7:00 AM. So we want to make sure that we have no glitches getting to the plane.

No, there are no shuttles provided by the hotel. But there is a taxi lineup just out front and the bellman can help you with that.

But yes, your only options would be train or taxi

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We were able to get the Marriott for the end of August 2008 at 118.00 plus taxes/fees for a total of 154.00 a night via Priceline. First bid was accepted and frankly liked the idea of paying for it in US Dollars without any conversion charges.:D

Archived