Fantasy Cabin ?'s

3rdshiftkustoms

Ok I ended up with the room that is actually turned sideways behind the elevators on the Fantasy. Anyone have experience with these rooms? I read a lot of elevator posts that say no noise at all, never a problem etc... I just seem to remember there is something awkward about the sideways rooms. That is what I am wanting to know is there something layed out different with them?

It was about 9 years ago, but on my first cruise, I was in cabin R154 on the Fantasy. It is the one turned and up against the elevators. I never had any problem with noise during the trip from either the elevators or people coming off them. Hope that helps a little.

As for anything layed out different, I have only been on that cruise. Will be taking another one in 3 weeks, but I don't have anything to compare it to unfortunately. Only thing I noticed in that room that I probably would have liked to not be there was the pole in the middle of the room. Well, not really in the exact middle, but as soon as you walked in the door, it seemed like the support pole was right there only a few feet in front and off to the right of you. I didn't spend a lot of time in the room since it was only a 3 day, but if it were a longer cruise, it might have started to get in my way.

Hi,

I was recently on the Fantasy in room U100 which was a "sideways" cabin. The difference between our cabin and the one my dd's stayed in (u135) was that when you walked into our room there was no "little" walkway. It was in a sense a "square". When you walked into my DD's room there was a small walkway before you got to the "bedroom" part.

Hope this helps!

Trust me. I have stayed in those cabins before and it is HARD to find a picture of them. BUT! I have one and have kept it bookmarked!!

Go to this site:

http://www.smillay.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tours.jsp?pg=4&mediatype=1&ITINERARY_ID=817%7CEL%7C%7C%7C

Then click on Inside Cabin w/Upper/Lower Beds (Cat 1a)

It will open up and this is what the "Sideways" rooms look like. Some have the bathroom inside to the right and some inside to the left. I actually have liked all the ones I stayed in.

Now this is for the Elation, but the same for all of the Fantasy class ships.

Enjoy!

I had a room behind an elevator on the Fantasy M149

and I do believe it was sideways .

Had no problem with elevator noise at all.

The room had 2 twin beds and we got a roll away bed .

If you have any questions let me know .

and yes I did sleep in the rollaway and yes it was comfortable .

Mamasita, You are getting off your cruise when I get on mine. I board the Fantasy on the 25th. :) Woo Hoo!!!

I got E124 which on the Emperess Deck mid ship.

I am not worried, I just wanna know what to expect. Thanks eveybody.

I am on the Empress deck this time too !

With me & my sister :D

Celebrating my birthday !!

What is the difference in a 4a vs say a 4d? I started as a 4A and my new room is in the 4D color chart. Is there a difference besides location?

Its just the deck, the cabin is the same. A = Riveria, the lowest deck, B = Main, the next deck up etc.

Archived