P1 cabin on QE2

Nikkipink

Hello

I have the opportunity to join a friend on board QE2 in a P1 cabin which I am told is far supererior to the C grade I have been in before.

Can anyone tell me what to expect please? I understand there is a grill check-in but that's all I know at present.

Many thanks

Nikki

Here is some information from Cunard. You will love a P1 and the QE2. How lucky to go before she leaves service!

There are many compelling reasons why the world's most famous ship achieves such acclaim. The sublime Grills Experience is one of them. Up to a supremely generous 241 square feet, your deluxe ocean-view stateroom on Decks 1,2 or 3 has oceans of space in which to spread your wings and your personal effects. Your sitting area is ideal for a relaxing coffee, a tasty snack from Room Service, or quite simply, an intimate drink with your loved one. Guests in accommodation categories P1 and PG dine at a reserved table in the Princess Grill Restaurant and guests staying in P2, P3 and P4 grade staterooms dine in the contemporary Britannia Grill Restaurant.

Exclusive Grill Amenities

• Separate Grill check-in desk
  • Bon Voyage half bottle of sparkling wine
  • Single-seating dining in the Princess Grill or Britannia Grill
  • In-suite dining
  • Access to Queens Lounge

Standard Amenities

• Complimentary 24-hour room service
  • Daily shipboard newspaper
  • Nightly turndown service with pillow chocolate
  • Soft Terry Robes and slippers
  • Refrigerator, safe and hair dryer
  • Direct-Dial telephone
  • TV/Radio (Satellite TV where available)
  • 220V 3-pin and 110V 2-pin sockets

The Cunard Website will have all the general information you need to know. Here is a link: http://www.cunard.co.uk/OurShips/default.asp?Ship=QE2&main=acc&sub=pgr

Happy cruising!

You'll have a cabin that is a sensible shape and is in a good position.

And you'll have gorgeous food, overlooking the sea.

That's about the long and the short of it, save the Grill check in you've mentioned. But it is what you need.

Matthew

Hello

I have the opportunity to join a friend on board QE2 in a P1 cabin which I am told is far supererior to the C grade I have been in before.

Nikki,

If you wish to email me, l would be pleased to forward you a detailed plan of the cabin and the location.

Cheers

Myles

Stayed in a P1 on QE2 room 2061, very convenient and ample storage.

The Princess Grill restaurant is the best on the ship (the only original one left...art deco ), great sculptures in the room (earth,wind fire and ?).

Below the restaurant is the secluded Princess grill champagne bar,what better way to start an evening , accessed by way of a spiral staircase.

When in there met some very interesting people and a couple from the Queens grill who wanted to be in our restaurant.

You can eat off menu, grill embarkation, access to the queens lounge for lazy unhurried coffee and unhurried afternoon tea, ahh sounds GOOD!!!!

Have a wonderful trip..

Hello

Can anyone tell me what to expect please? I understand there is a grill check-in but that's all I know at present.

Many thanks

Nikki

P-1's, P-2's, P-3'a have the same layout and furnishings config as C-1 cabins, if that is the C class you sailed. Be mindful that not all of the bathrooms in the P category have been refurbished. I had a P-1 cabin 2101 on most of my voyages and always enjoyed it. The Princess Grill is my favorite restaurant experience overall.

Archived