When Belize Returns to Itinerary.....

TwinMom7

In regards to the Glory, when Belize returns to the itinerary - will it take the place of Key West or Progreso?

According to a recent post from a Liberty cruiser, their captain stated that Belize would be back on the itinerary in a few weeks, but that Costa Maya would be out for at least 8 months. We don't cruise until April, so we've got plenty of time to plan.

I spoke with a rep at Carnival this morning. She confirmed the new Glory itinerary (Key West, Cozumel, Progreso, Nassau) would be in effect through December.:( I would think/hope they might be reutrning to Belize after that.

I spoke with a rep at Carnival this morning. She confirmed the new Glory itinerary (Key West, Cozumel, Progreso, Nassau) would be in effect through December.:( I would think/hope they might be reutrning to Belize after that.

according to cruisecal.com, glory will be in the usual western ports, but nassau. 2 days at sea, belize, costa maya, and cozumel then one day at sea. But I guess the itenary could always change.

according to cruisecal.com, glory will be in the usual western ports, but nassau. 2 days at sea, belize, costa maya, and cozumel then one day at sea. But I guess the itenary could always change.

It has to change, Costa Maya no longer exists as a cruise port. No new itinerary has been announced yet.

In regards to the Glory, when Belize returns to the itinerary - will it take the place of Key West or Progreso?

According to a recent post from a Liberty cruiser, their captain stated that Belize would be back on the itinerary in a few weeks, but that Costa Maya would be out for at least 8 months. We don't cruise until April, so we've got plenty of time to plan.

I am wondering that myself.I hope Key west is dropped.Or mayby they will CM back up and nothing will change.

When in April are you sailing?I looked at your ticker but the link was bad. We are sailing on the Glory on 4/5/08.

I am wondering that myself.I hope Key west is dropped.Or mayby they will CM back up and nothing will change.

When in April are you sailing?I looked at your ticker but the link was bad. We are sailing on the Glory on 4/5/08.

US TOO!!!! There are 40 of us going on a Family/Friends cruise. I'm assuming Key West will be dropped and our itinerary will go back to the way it was - except Progreso will take the place of Costa Maya.

US TOO!!!! There are 40 of us going on a Family/Friends cruise. I'm assuming Key West will be dropped and our itinerary will go back to the way it was - except Progreso will take the place of Costa Maya.

Wow,small world. There is a roll call for the sailing. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=532828

Just back off of the Valor, Belize the captain said was completely destroyed as far as cruising is concerned, and will be out of comission for at least a year if not more, the pier where the ships dock in Costa maya was also destroyed and they don't know when that will be back ready to go I hope that helps a little.

Belize the captain said was completely destroyed as far as cruising is concerned, and will be out of comission for at least a year if not more,

Hmmmm......This is the first I have heard about damage to Belize City. It is completely at odds with this article from the San Pedro Sun last week.

"There was no damage sustained in Belize City or to the Western and Southern parts of Belize. "

http://sanpedrosun.net/07-331.html

I thought I had read ships were calling on Belize this week. I'll do some checking.

Jazzy,

I am on the Valor this coming weekend, and both Carnival and cruisecal have indicated we are heading to Belize. The only port change is Costa Maya. Instead, we will visit Cozumel. Looks like for Valor, at least for now, the only itinerary change is Costa Maya.

Just back off of the Valor, Belize the captain said was completely destroyed as far as cruising is concerned, and will be out of comission for at least a year if not more, the pier where the ships dock in Costa maya was also destroyed and they don't know when that will be back ready to go I hope that helps a little.

Since several ships are calling on Belize this coming week, it appears the Captain was incorrect in his information.

We are on the Legend sailing 9/2. Carnival just confirmed our new stops as Grand Cayman. Cozumel, Belize and Roatan for next week. I talked to several people who have been in touch with vendors in Belize and they are "ready" for cruise boats to come Back!

Those of you who are supposed to go to Belize on 9/2 sailings - if you could please post when you get back and let us know whether you got there or not I would really appreciate it!! I'm supposed to go on the Legend 9/16 sailing and I'd really like to know if it's possible.

Eastern

Nassau

St. Thomas

St. Maarten

Western

Key West

Belize City Cozumel

Progreso Mexico

this is per Port Canaveral for Carnival Glory for those who are interested. Check your port site for updated info on your ship of choice.

Eastern

Nassau

St. Thomas

St. Maarten

Western

Key West

Belize City Cozumel

Progreso Mexico

this is per Port Canaveral for Carnival Glory for those who are interested. Check your port site for updated info on your ship of choice.

Where did you find this? What do you mean check your port site? Thanks in advance!:)

I went to portcanaveral.org and found out the information.

I don't know which port you are leaving from, but each port has their own website.

jaxport, miami, all of them.

you just have to use your search engine to find it.

I went to portcanaveral.org and found out the information.

I don't know which port you are leaving from, but each port has their own website.

jaxport, miami, all of them.

you just have to use your search engine to find it.

Thank you soooo much! We are leaving from Port Canaveral on theGlory 9/22. This is good news!

I would just have to say that having been in Nassau in December and Key West in July, I'm happy to hear of the change. Nassau was our least favorite stop. The vendors were pushy and after a couple of hours, we were glad to get back aboard the ship. I'm hoping Key West stays there for our April cruise - conch fritters, key lime pie, a stop at Peppers of Key West for some sauces, and Sloppy Joe's and Irish Kevin's for some drinks and entertainment - works for me!!

Archived