Was this a good deal?

lissa626

I booked my first cruise ever on the Spirit about 2 months ago at a price that I was happy with (inside "K" category). After reading many of the reviews on this board I decided that we should book an oceanview instead, so I called my TA to find out what my options were, and after about 15 minutes of being on the phone with NCL he came back with an offer that I thought was pretty good. We received an oceanview "CC" category for only $50.00 more pp. Was this a good deal or did I just shoot myself in the foot?

I booked my first cruise ever on the Spirit about 2 months ago at a price that I was happy with (inside "K" category). After reading many of the reviews on this board I decided that we should book an oceanview instead, so I called my TA to find out what my options were, and after about 15 minutes of being on the phone with NCL he came back with an offer that I thought was pretty good. We received an oceanview "CC" category for only $50.00 more pp. Was this a good deal or did I just shoot myself in the foot?

On the surface, it looks fine. What it boils down to is where are the two cabins in relationship to eachother? IS the outside cabin in a better area than the inside was? If so, then you have a good deal on your hands :) Sometimes you can have an inside cabin on a better deck in a better location and "upgrade" to an outside cabin that is in a bad location (like lower deck, above propellors...). Location here is the key :)

Enjoy your cruise :)

I was upgraded one time and went from an inside to outside on a lower deck :eek: , deck 3 AFT on the Majesty. By the time the called our deck to depart the shift there were only crew members left.

Looks like you went from lowest inside to highest level of oceanvew and probably saved yourself at least $100 per person. :D

Yes, it is a good deal and why he was on the phone for 15 minutes I dont know. Of course I am sure all lines are being bambarded if they cruise to anyplace that was even mildly damaged by the hurricane last week.

Nita

Location makes a difference to me. In the bow of the ship, the anchor is Very, Very noisy in the early AM in ports where you need to tender. Being under a restaurant, kitchen, dance floor is also noisy. I learned this the hard way. DON'T book an interior cabin by the service elevator. The night before debarkation the suitcases are thrown against the wall. I ended up in these horrible locations, because I booked last minute deals.

Location makes a difference to me. In the bow of the ship, the anchor is Very, Very noisy in the early AM in ports where you need to tender. Being under a restaurant, kitchen, dance floor is also noisy. I learned this the hard way. DON'T book an interior cabin by the service elevator. The night before debarkation the suitcases are thrown against the wall. I ended up in these horrible locations, because I booked last minute deals.

LOL...great tips!

Though we do love hearing the anchors:)

We usually just book inside cabins 'cause we like to sleep late (after staying up late!) & with an inside cabin you don't have to worry about the sun waking you up.

As they say, "to each his/her own". Sounds like you got a great deal, though. Have a great cruise.

Tom & Eileen

Archived