More Butler suite questions

CLOU

Since we had not planned on being in a butler suite, now that I have been upgraded I have a few more questions. The RSSC website says that there is an iPod® music system in all Butler suites. Does this mean there is a docking system for your personal ipod? Also, the website says there is in room bar set up in Butler suites only, although I have seen on this forum that most cabin attendants will stock any room. My question is, now that the ship is all inclusive, are we limited to one premium bottle in a butler suite? I would love to get a bottle of Grey Goose and a bottle of Baileys. I know Grey Goose is premium. In the past, we have always been able to get a bottle of Baileys along with some non-premium vodka. All this was before things were all-inclusive. I would forgo the vodka if need be, since I can have my vodka drinks in the lounge. However, I like the glass of Baileys right before bed time. Once again, any info is greatly appreciated.

The iPod docking system we had on Voyager (PH B) last year took any iPods - I have a Nano. As to brands of liquor you get one bottle per person of ordinary brands. Check the list on the butler form! With the all-inclusive policy I am not sure that having the bar setup is worth it, but you will get it anyway in a butler suite. We have had several cruises on RSSC with butlers. Only on the last one (Rome/ft Lauderdale) did I think having the butler was worth the extra money. On that cruise our butler was superb! Normally we book the suite we want and if it comes with the butler - OK!

The iPod docking system we had on Voyager (PH B) last year took any iPods - I have a Nano. As to brands of liquor you get one bottle per person of ordinary brands. Check the list on the butler form! With the all-inclusive policy I am not sure that having the bar setup is worth it, but you will get it anyway in a butler suite. We have had several cruises on RSSC with butlers. Only on the last one (Rome/ft Lauderdale) did I think having the butler was worth the extra money. On that cruise our butler was superb! Normally we book the suite we want and if it comes with the butler - OK!

Why did you think the butler was worth the extra cost? What made it a better experience?

Thanks

I don't think they got the cabin because of the butler. They chose the cabin they wanted and the butler was included. That is what we do. The cabin is the thing, very important to us as we spend lots of time there.

Same here. We book what cabin we want, and if it comes with a Butler, then fine, they are usually very good and do whatever you need that your normal room stewardess doesn't.

If you are in a standard suite, your room stewardess does all the room maintenance, stocks the bar, cleans, etc. If you want something from room service, then you call them or put the card out for breakfast the night before. If you have a Butler, he will always bring your room service order and set up the table etc, if you have a cocktail party in your suite, he will coordinate it for you instead of room service, he can make spa reservations, dinner reservations in the alternative restaurants (although now that it can be done online, many choose this option, but I would have him check on them on boarding day). Anyway, as I said above, we pick the cabin and if we get a Butler, then great, if not, no big deal.

We also select the cabin we want, and so far, every time we have had a Butler. I think it's kind of nice, but frankly not necessary. My DH actually doesn't care for having a Butler, he would rather not always see the same face and he thinks it's too much work for one person (we like to spend a lot of time in our cabin and we LOVE room service).

My upcoming trip to Alaska is the first time on the Mariner that I'm not in a Butler suite (which is fine), but I am in a Penthouse C. By any chance does a Penthouse C also have an iPod speaker system so I don't have to drag my speakers all the way from Kauai? If anyone knows this for sure, I would really appreciate the info.

Also, I've read so many different versions of what kind of in-suite bar set-up now occurs.

I've heard that if you have sailed previously with RSSC that they remember your preferences and will have it waiting in your suite.

Since I'm in a Penthouse C, and not an A or B, does that mean no bar set-up?

Just curious if anyone knows for sure and has sailed on the Mariner recently in a Penthouse C.

Mahalos to you all!!

Ronnie - our butler on Voyager Rome/Ft L last year - really made having a butler worth while.

1. It was my husband's birthday during that cruise. Ronnie got us, no problem at all, a reservation in Signatures (in addition to our original reservation) for the night requested.

2. The day of his birthday we were in Seville. - Long day! We returned to the ship to find our suite completely decorated -- balloons, flowers, streamers, the whole works. It was amazing. Even a Happy birthday banner!!! And a cake, Veuve Cliquot and cards from lots of the crew that we knew (having been on V. that summer in the Baltic). Ronnie had masterminded all this!!

3. His attitude throughout the two weeks of the cruise - always "Of course" and never "I'll try"! ThAT makes a difference.

4. Finally, his smile. No kidding, but that also made a huge difference.

Ronnie is a great butler and I would willingly pay for a butler suite if he were taking care of it.

We are on Mariner Callao to BA in January - I hope he has transferred to the Mariner and will be on Deck 10, portside.

Archived