Received an upgrade - now what do we do?

bunnybear

I had our travel agent request an upgrade for our upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Summit. We had already received our documents which had the luggage tags for our original cabin assignments. What do I do? We are handling our own transportation to Seward so will be handing the luggage off to the porters at the ship. Can I mark out the cabin assignment on the tags and mark the new number or should I wait until we check in?

I am so excited about getting the upgrade at the last minute, but want to avoid having our luggage lost when we arrive.

Thanks for your help.

Karen from Houston

We changed cabins once after we had gotten our tags. We also used a marker and marked out the old number and put the new number on them. We had no problem with our luggage.

Garry

They know. It's like magic. We've been upgraded when checking in our documents. Our luggage had already been collected by a porter on arrival, then we proceeded to check in. Obvioulsy, the tags had our original cabin # on them. (I assuume) they see the name and the cabin #, see on their list that name has been moved to another cabin and the luggage goes there. When it arrived, it did not have a new or different cabin # written on it, but it was there!

We booked an outside cabin last July for the September 3rd Summit to Alaska. I didn't even consider an upgrade until I noticed that there were still balconies available on our cruise for just about what I paid for the outside cabin. I contacted my travel agent and he called Celebrity and strongly insisted that they upgrade us. We were so delighted to find out late yesterday afternoon that we were moved from the Plaza Deck to the Vista Deck and to a Premium Balcony!!! The upgrade did not cost us a thing. We are really excited since we have never had a balcony. The problem is we are not going to want one the next time.

Archived