getting bumped from flight

schoolmarm

Does anyone have any experience getting bumped from their flight at the Vancouver airport? We are on the next to last flight out (Northwest airlines) and there are only six seats left on each of the last two flights. This is in August and you couldn't get seat assignments until today. These flights leave between noon and one pm. We would gladly take a bump and leave the next day on the early morning flights. Is the hotel paid by the airlines if they bump you to the next day? I would even pay for that if I needed to! icon_wink.gif An extra day in Vancouver would be nice. I goofed and booked our flight for the same day as the end of our cruise. I may call TA and see what it would cost to change flights and stay over anyway! icon_rolleyes.gif

Chances of gettting a bump in canada are very slim as our government regulates the arilines very strictly - I have got a "bump" in the US several times but never in Canada. And I fly more often at home than in the USA.

Our TA says that this flight is one that Delta also uses as their flight. My brother reminded me that two years ago he took a bump in Edmonton, Canada from Northwest and received $750 US in travel vouchers. You're right as usual BQ, it is $100 per ticket to change. We have a decision to make as to what we are going to do! icon_confused.gif

Bumps do not happen as often as you might think. The airlines overbook and usually it works out which is why they keep doing it.

You were not able to get seats before now as NW does not issue seat assignments so far in advance like other airlines. The fact that there are still seats left is good. It is not unusual for them to over sell by 10,20,30 or more.

Though the airline might think they have an overbook situation, it is rare they would accomodate your with a change even hours ahead. They prefer to wait to see if they can get everyone on the plane.

Assume you will fly as you probably will. Our 763 going has 4 unassigned seats. Coming back there are about 8, all in first.

Alaska via Spirit 6/2/04

We have been bumped alot, because we volunteer. But we have never flown on Northwest. We let TA talk us into this airline so we'll see what happens. She says a group is booked on this flight and seats will probably open as some may cancel. Delta also uses this same flight. I'm going to see if I can get my ff miles for them. We have never taken an overnight bump as we usually book early flights and can get out on a later flight. Last month we were bumped to first class on a later flight and received $200 flight vouchers on a Delta flight from Atlanta to Orlando.

Archived