Los Angeles Port Rental Car

We are arriving in LA (assume San Pedro) and will be doing a 1-way car rental to Las Vegas post cruise. What is the closest car rental facility to the port? My original thought was LAX but seems that Long Beach airport would be much closer. Or, are there any other rental facilities in that area. Trying to research through the car rental companies but quite difficult that way so wanted to see if anyone had experiences.

Thanks!

:)

Enterprise is the only one right next to the port (across the street). They close at 12 noon on Saturday and are not open on Sunday at all. You can check with them about the costs for a one-way rental.

Long Beach Airport or downtown Long Beach are your next closest options. You would need to take a shuttle or cab to reach these locations, both of which are about the same distance, and much closer than LAX.

The Enterprise office is open on Sunday in San Pedro. I will be returning a car there on Sunday, 01/13/2008. They are open from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. This is a one way rental from San Diego and I will be boarding the Vision of the Seas that morning.

You have to call Enterprise for the one way rentals I was told. The number for the San Pedro office which is across from the ship is (310)548-8060.

The Enterprise office is open on Sunday in San Pedro. I will be returning a car there on Sunday, 01/13/2008. They are open from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. This is a one way rental from San Diego and I will be boarding the Vision of the Seas that morning.

That's interesting...on the Enterprise website, it's closed for every Sunday date I put in except for 1/13/08!!! Go figure!!!

If you haven't already, I'd call to confirm and make sure they are open! I'm sure they are but it is odd that they're closed every other Sunday date!

Don't take my word for it by any means. Just call them at their Harbor location in San Pedro (310)548-8060. I am dropping my car off at this location on 01/13/2008. I just got off the phone with them to confirm that indeed I will be able to do this.

Archived