Another whale watching question

ejhall

My mother and I are booked on the Whale Watching and Orca Point Lodge excursion in Juneau thru Celebrity in about 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone has done that one before? What I'm curious about is do they stay in the inside passage, or do they go out in open water? I do get sea sick and I've already got my patches and my bonine (just in case) packed. And (as a worst case scenario) does the boat have a bathroom? :eek: I am very much looking forward to the experience and I'm willing to put up with sea sickness, but I would like to know what to expect. Thanks!

We just got back from the Diamond Princess. We took that tour. The boat is not too far from land ,but is still far enough out . It's not bad. there are bathrooms on the boat. There are alot of places to sit inside if you don't want to be outside.The Lodge is beautiful. The food is really good. I think you will enjoy it. None of us got sick.

We took that tour on August 12th. There is no reason why anyone should be seasick, it's all inside passage and the water is flat.

We saw very few whales, but the salmon bake was great.

The excursion boat is good-sized, well-maintained and the bathrooms are clean.

Archived