Celebrity bridge web cams

crossingfan

I know the Jeff, the guy that runs Krooz-Kams, and so far he has been TOTALLY frustrated trying to deal with Celebrity about such a simple thing.

For goodness sakes, we actually installed a webcam on my PH outside bar in about 1/2 hour all the way back in 2002 on Summit and had no problems having it broadcast to his website (back when you could $100 fixed internet per cruise). These webcams are very lean in terms of internet usage, say 75k every minute, or about the the same as if you were reading an email every minute.

This is so stupid, Jeff is giving them free advertising for a little bandwidth. Very STOOPID.

I used to check them all the time. Knew what the port in Juneau looked like before we got there. REALLY wish they would bring these back! Wonder if there is someone at Celebrity we can flood with e-mail about this. I e-mailed them shortly after they terminated the previous vendor and they said they were working on a replacement. I think if they were really working on a replacement, they'd have it in place by now!

To my knowledge - X is still working on it.

As most know, High Seas Computing was the previous provider of the internet cafe's and also the webcams (through celebrityatsea.com). When they left, so did the connection to the cams. There was actually a piece of hardware installed on each ship, owned by HCS, that was removed.

I believe that X is either nearly done, or completely done with the transition from HCS to in-house... purely in terms of getting staff and the cafe's setup onboard. There are a lot higher priority tasks for these cafe's than the cams right now. I would imagine that once those higher-priority items are taken care of, X will focus on the cams. but dont expect it too soon.

Archived