what's carnival's plans for a big

oakleys

Anyone know if carnival are planning making ships the size of rc freedom of the sea's? if they are already has anyone got any info

thanks

They scrapped the plans for Pinnacle which was to be 200000 ship. They are building (2) 130,000 ton ship to debut in 2009.

They are letting Royal win the peeing contest.

I hope they don't compete. We just returned from the Crown Princess and felt nothing but crowds. The pool was horrible, the buffet was impossible at times and the elevators never came. And she is about the same size as the Liberty we took twice and loved. What Princess did was take a Grand class ship and add another passenger deck with no allowance for increasing the public area so the ship was really crowded at times. We sailed the Adventure of the seas and never felt crowded except when debarking or tendering because they have more public space. Carnival did the same with the Destiny class when creating the Conquest class but the Liberty just didn't seem as overwhelmed. After sailing on the Maasdam, we have decided we prefer the smaller ships and am glad that Carnival is focusing on the moderate sized vessels.

Anyone know if carnival are planning making ships the size of rc freedom of the sea's? if they are already has anyone got any info

thanks

I hope not, I really don't want to be around that many people on one ship.

I heard that Royal is coming out with the Genesis class ships that will hold 6000 people. I couldn't imagine being on a ship with that many people. Just too many, IMO. God forbid there is an emergency could you imagine the chaos.

I would be surprised that the Coast Guard would let something that big carrying 4 to 6 thousand people. They wouldn't have enough capability to help god forbid the ship ever sank......:eek: No more than 3 thousand is plenty for me...

I would be surprised that the Coast Guard would let something that big carrying 4 to 6 thousand people. They wouldn't have enough capability to help god forbid the ship ever sank......:eek: No more than 3 thousand is plenty for me...

Well this is what I heard. The ship is supposed to carry approx. 6000 ppl. Can't imagine it, don't even want to.

I think even the CONQUEST Class is too big for me. I much prefer the smaller SPIRIT Class ships (love the aft Lido deck opening to the sea), but there is economy in size so the beat goes on. :(

I love the Spirit class....actually that's the only class ships I have been on....LOL I liked the layout, very easy to navigate and it never felt crowded at all. I also loved the Aft lido deck. We spent all of our pool time out there. It was really nice to sit out there around 6 in the evening to have a drink. Ohhhh talking about it is bringing back such wonderful memories. :D

I heard that Royal is coming out with the Genesis class ships that will hold 6000 people. I couldn't imagine being on a ship with that many people. Just too many, IMO. God forbid there is an emergency could you imagine the chaos.

This is from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Caribbean_International#Genesis_Class

The first ship of this class, as yet unnamed (though, if it follows suit of previous vessels, its name will end in ... of the Seas), is expected to surpass the Freedom-class ships as the world's largest passenger ship in autumn 2009. It will be able to accommodate up to 5,400 double-occupancy passengers (up to 6,400 when third & fourth passengers are included), will have a registered tonnage of approximately 220,000 tons and will cost the line around US$1.24 billion. This would make it “the most valuable ship ever ordered in the history of commercial shipbuilding” as per a Royal Caribbean spokesperson. It is anticipated that the Genesis-class of vessels will primarily sail the waters of the Caribbean Sea, but Royal Caribbean may also choose to deploy these vessels in other parts of the world. Like the Freedom class ships, it will be constructed at Aker Finnyards, Turku, Finland. A second Genesis-class ship was ordered on April 2 2007, to be delivered in August 2010. [1]

This is from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Caribbean_International#Genesis_Class

The first ship of this class, as yet unnamed (though, if it follows suit of previous vessels, its name will end in ... of the Seas), is expected to surpass the Freedom-class ships as the world's largest passenger ship in autumn 2009. It will be able to accommodate up to 5,400 double-occupancy passengers (up to 6,400 when third & fourth passengers are included), will have a registered tonnage of approximately 220,000 tons and will cost the line around US$1.24 billion. This would make it “the most valuable ship ever ordered in the history of commercial shipbuilding” as per a Royal Caribbean spokesperson. It is anticipated that the Genesis-class of vessels will primarily sail the waters of the Caribbean Sea, but Royal Caribbean may also choose to deploy these vessels in other parts of the world. Like the Freedom class ships, it will be constructed at Aker Finnyards, Turku, Finland. A second Genesis-class ship was ordered on April 2 2007, to be delivered in August 2010. [1]

Up to 6400 people.!!!! :eek: Definitely not for me. When I try RC, it will not be on one of those huge mega ships, I will go on their smaller ones.

From a business perspective, Carnival is making a mistake in not bringing one or two mega-ships online.

I know the comments here are all in favor of small ships. But not everyone agrees. Yes, there are multitudes of people who enjoy the larger ships. The Voyager and Freedom classes RCCL introduced have been quite successful.

Even if Carnival builds a mega ship, you will not have to book on her. Stick with the Celebration. My guess, however, is that quite a few people would book and converts would be made.

From a business perspective, Carnival is making a mistake in not bringing one or two mega-ships online.

I know the comments here are all in favor of small ships. But not everyone agrees. Yes, there are multitudes of people who enjoy the larger ships. The Voyager and Freedom classes RCCL introduced have been quite successful.

Even if Carnival builds a mega ship, you will not have to book on her. Stick with the Celebration. My guess, however, is that quite a few people would book and converts would be made.

130,000 is pretty big in my book.

thank's yes i remember reading about the pinnacle size. valor was packed enough for us getting off, but the miracle was always a breeze getting off. the big ship's are nice to look at i guess, but maybe not to sail on. still i may give freedom a go one day.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with the mega ships, they are just not something I care to try. Like I said, when I try RC for the first time, it will be on one of their smaller ships. I think it's the Radiance class from what I have read.

I never went on the Celebration.....unless you are referring to someone else. I have only been on the Legend and the Miracle.

Archived