Martini Bar on Galaxy?

richsea

Even though we've sailed Galaxy twice, I can't for the life of me remember where the Martini Bar is located, & can't seem to find it on the deck layout. Must be a senior moment! Help!! how can we go to dinner without a stop at the Martini Bar??!!!:D

The Martini Bar on Galaxy is right outside of the main restaurant on deck 4, I believe, that's the lower level of the dining room. We didn't care for it because it's so enclosed and small. Yes, it's very intimate, but when people begin lining up for dinner they spill into the bar and it's extremely crowded.

We LOVE Galaxy but the Martini Bar can't compare to the ones on the M class ships.

FWIW, according to the deck plan...on deck Entertainment Dec, you will find a "Martini bar" in the far corner of the Savoy. The "champagne bar" is the tiny bar located just outside the dining room on the lower level which is on Plaza deck.

Arubalisa, Hi:) from what I have been told, the deckplan in the

brochure is wrong:eek:

I remember you have been on Galaxy......where is it exactly?:confused:

The Brochure I have shows it in a teeny corner aft on the Entertainment

Deck. Not sure I understand.....I guess I will just have to find it myself:):)

Arubalisa, Hi:) from what I have been told, the deckplan in the

brochure is wrong:eek:

I remember you have been on Galaxy......where is it exactly?:confused:

The Brochure I have shows it in a teeny corner....

:o To be perfectly blunt, I do not remember for sure. Will dig out the Celebrity Today's from December and investigate further.

The Martini Bars? They are all special:D......the Mercury has a small

one too. The M Class Martini Bars are really lovely in atmosphere

and decor.

I haven't been on Galaxy yet but I think it is small like Mercury's.

Special......well, I always try fun Martini's while I am there:)

You can get them in the other bars but I just love the Martini

Bar.....especially before dinner;)

We were a little confused about the location when we sailed on the Galaxy last February. Turns out they've relocated the area designated as the Martini Bar a couple times and not updated the published floor plans.

The official Martini Bar was on the Plaza Deck, deck 5, right outside the lower level of the restaurant. On the more recent published plans this is called the Champagne bar, but was definitely the Martini Bar. This is where they served the great Martinis, the big ones, and had the larger Martini Menu. They also served the Martini Sampler there a couple nights. They also served the full Martini menu in the Stratosphere lounge. The head Martini Bar bartender last February was Ali, who we met on the Summit a couple of years ago.

This area was a bit smaller than the Martini Bar on the M Class ships, and on most evenings they had a piano player who played well, but a bit loud for conversation.

As another poster noted above, the official printed floor plan identified a "Martini Bar" as being in a corner of the large Savoy Lounge - but this area what not functioning as a Martini Bar and didn't have the full Martini Bar menu there.

Okay, looked through a few of the days of "Celebrity Today!" and there were listings every night for "Martini Bar" deck 5 aft which indeed would put it on Plaza deck aft outside of the Orion Restaurant Lower level. In the plan below that would be smack dab where the Champagne Bar is listed. I promise to work real hard to get those "dailies" scanned and downloaded real soon.:)

gl_plaza_1089.gif

The Champagne Bar outside the Dining Room on Deck 5 is the Martini Bar. The Martini Bar in the Savoy, is not functional.

If you're sailing on 13 October, you'll find my loud crowd there every night before late seating. Hope the piano entertainer is a good one.

The Champagne Bar outside the Dining Room on Deck 5 is the Martini Bar. The Martini Bar in the Savoy, is not functional.

If you're sailing on 13 October, you'll find my loud crowd there every night before late seating. Hope the piano entertainer is a good one.

Hey Howard. I just posted on our Roll Call also asking about the Martini Bar. Yes, I know you'll be there, but why there instead of elsewhere?

Beth

We too missed it on our first Galaxy cruise (summer 2006) - looking down onto it from above, it looked small & poky - but used it a lot on our second time on Galaxy, summer this year. What I had thought of as 'small & poky' turned out to be 'small & intimate', once you got down there.

We didn't have too much trouble with people waiting for dinner. We were on second-sitting, would generally go to the Martini bar for a cocktail before dinner, and then were in the restaurant as soon as we could. Then we sometimes came back to the Martini bar after dinner, before finishing off with a coffee at Cova.

We thought the Martini bar was a pleasant place, and was generally busy enough to seem attractive without being overpowering. There was a piano singer there, and we enjoyed listening to him - we heard a lot of songs we didn't know before. And the waiters were friendly and efficient.

Thanks for the help! I never thought to look all the way back by the Savoy on the deck plan. It really doesn't make sense way back there; not too convenient for pre-dinner martinis. Location by the Champagne Bar makes so much more sense.

Archived