Liberty Review - 8/18/07 Eastern Caribbean

emmysmommy

How funny! Your cabin was two doors down from ours - albeit several weeks before we sailed!!

Clynton was awesome!

One question I have not been able to have answered is do they leave chocloate chip cookies at night for the kids???? I have not seen these - just the mints!

This was the ONLY CCL cruise that we didnt get the cookie :( Not sure what happened with that. So funny because our fridge also didnt get cold and so Clynton brought us 2 larger buckets of ice twice a day for our water and other drinks ;)

He got high marks from us on the comment card!

This was the ONLY CCL cruise that we didnt get the cookie :( Not sure what happened with that. So funny because our fridge also didnt get cold and so Clynton brought us 2 larger buckets of ice twice a day for our water and other drinks ;)

He got high marks from us on the comment card as well!

We praised him as well on our comment card!

Perhaps we didn't get cookies because they knew that we had ordered too many cookie and brownie trays through room service already! :D

PS: I'm jealous - you are doing one of the Splendor voyages!!! nice!

Betty:

Yes, there were lounge chairs on the balcony. see photo below.

2007LibertyCruise1382.jpg

Note to Sandi: I'm still trying to figure out how to size. The arrow next to my paperclip is an undo button! :confused:

There were no breakfast specials per se.... they have a set menu in the dining room as well as at the buffet on the Lido.

Here's a link to a copy of the menus - breakfast is on the 1st page: http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free07/menus.htm

Here's a copy of the room service breakfast choices:

http://bergertravels.com/CarnivalContBreakfastMenu.html

As for exercise classes - they offered early morning sunrise stretch classes, aerobics, yoga, or circuit classes - all free. They also had pilates classes for which they charged $10. There may have been a few other classes available as well. I didn't personally participate in a formal class but I did use the gym.

I hope this helps! Enjoy your Liberty cruise!

Ok...how about if you just click on the little paperclip, then what comes up? On my screen next to the paper clip, there is a little down facing arrow. You don't have that on yours?

Btw, those deck chairs look new. Are they not using those plastic ones anymore?

We praised him as well on our comment card!

Perhaps we didn't get cookies because they knew that we had ordered too many cookie and brownie trays through room service already! :D

PS: I'm jealous - you are doing one of the Splendor voyages!!! nice!

LOL!! Yea, the same could be said for us....I think my husband had a standing order for the cookie/brownie plate daily. :D

We are flying into Chile one way then sailing home...not a bad deal if we fly out of San Fran. Lots of cabins still open ;)

Great review and we were also on the July 29th 6 day Liberty cruise. We had a group of 19 and everyone had a very good time. I enjoyed seeing your pictures of Tortola. We have a Celebrity cruise booked in March 2008 and Tortola will be one of the ports that we will visit.

I am glad that you had a good time on the Liberty.

John & Shari

EmmysMommy, thank you for sharing your review and pictures. Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. We are actually thinking of cruising on the Liberty for our next cruise in 2009, hoping to visit Tortola. My husband and I had a Cat 11 on our Valor for a special occasion. It is going to be so hard to go back to a regular balcony. :D

EmmysMommy, thank you for sharing your review and pictures. Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. We are actually thinking of cruising on the Liberty for our next cruise in 2009, hoping to visit Tortola. My husband and I had a Cat 11 on our Valor for a special occasion. It is going to be so hard to go back to a regular balcony. :D

Thanks!

We started off with a category 11 for our anniversary cruise a couple yrs. ago.....if we would book another category we could probably afford to cruise more often! :p

The Eastern Caribbean itinerary for the Liberty was awesome!

Thank you for such a great review! I've been waiting for a good Liberty review as we'll be sailing with this itinerary in about 44 days, also in a Category 11 (my first!).

A questions about the Embassy Suites: Did they have a free shuttle to the port?

Thanks again (from a fellow OCer) :)

Thank you for such a great review! I've been waiting for a good Liberty review as we'll be sailing with this itinerary in about 44 days, also in a Category 11 (my first!).

A questions about the Embassy Suites: Did they have a free shuttle to the port?

Thanks again (from a fellow OCer) :)

Hey there neighbor!!

There is a room rate that includes the shuttle to the port (I believe they call it their cruise package) for about $10 more per room. However, we did not book that package. The shuttle driver who took us back to the airport to get our lost luggage said that he would put our names on the list for free. I'm not sure how it officially works though. We tipped the guy generously since he saved us the $15 taxi fare.

By the way, it looks like we have similar tastes in cruises by comparing the ships you have already sailed on! :D

Wishing you a fabulous cruise on the Liberty!

Great review! I have a camp carnival question about the slumber party. Can you pick up your children before 3 am? Thanks!

The slumber party is for the 9-11 year olds they have organized activities all over the ship from 10:00-3:30. They go to the arcade, the pizzaria, and various lounges for activities like capture the flag, etc. Every hour they move to a different location. So really, if you wanted to "pick them up early" you would have to find out where they are located.

When we dropped our daughter off at Camp Carnival they told us if any child couldn't stay up late or wanted to go back to their cabin early they would call us. The default is that they will bring the kids back to their cabin at 3:30.

Sorry, that's the long answer!

David148 - we cruised two weeks ago on the Liberty and I found these great pictures of the ship before hand on shipparade.com

http://www.shipparade.com/cruise%20reviews/carnival_liberty_preview/Carnival_Liberty_1.htm

if the link doesn't work just go to shipparade.com and search for Carnival Liberty

also GatorClaw used to have a Liberty video on his site but I don't know if it's there or if he still has it on Youtube - I'm sure you can search there

It's a great ship!

Yep.....Jason was with my CC group on Liberty a little over a year ago.....tons of pics.....My fav ship....can't wait to do it again in Oct.....Great pics and review Em'smom :D

Yep.....Jason was with my CC group on Liberty a little over a year ago.....tons of pics.....My fav ship....can't wait to do it again in Oct.....Great pics and review Em'smom :D

;) ;) Randy, I see you did a little "housekeeping". Honestly, I'm not a troublemaker ...... just had that little part at the begining to support another poster! :p I'll behave! :D

I saw Jason's travel video/slideshow on the Liberty some time ago so I was excited to actually walk in his footsteps so to speak.

I agree, the Liberty is my favorite ship and I would definitely cruise her again. The only problem is there are about 20 other ships that I haven't sailed yet!! :D

[quote name='emmysmommy'];) ;) Randy, I see you did a little "housekeeping". Honestly, I'm not a troublemaker ...... just had that little part at the begining to support another poster! :p I'll behave! :D
[/quote]
I know......just trying to keep things on topic! ;)

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=navy]Thank you very much for the info!! My wife and I will be leaving (Sept 23) on the Liberty for our very first cruise ever! Although my wife has NO IDEA! LOL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000080]I am taking her on a cruise for our 10 year anniv and this kind of info is huge!! Thanks for the info, and anything else would be helpful. We are staying mid-ship in a balcony cabin.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000080]Thanks again for your help![/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000080]Thank you very much for the info!! My wife and I will be leaving (Sept 23) on the Liberty for our very first cruise ever! Although my wife has NO IDEA! LOL
I am taking her on a cruise for our 10 year anniv and this kind of info is huge!! Thanks for the info, and anything else would be helpful. We are staying mid-ship in a balcony cabin.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

[quote=New 2 Cruisin';11446116][B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000080]Thank you very much for the info!! My wife and I will be leaving (Sept 23) on the Liberty for our very first cruise ever! Although my wife has NO IDEA! LOL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000080]I am taking her on a cruise for our 10 year anniv and this kind of info is huge!! Thanks for the info, and anything else would be helpful. We are staying mid-ship in a balcony cabin.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000080]Thanks again for your help![/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/quote]

Wow! What an amazing surprise that will be!!! Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!

Midship is usually a great location with the least amount of ship movement. Just remember that you can do as little or as much as you want for the week. :p

I wish you a wonderful time on the Liberty!

[quote name='PaddleAddict']Emmysmommy, do you have any photos of the interior of the ship (decor, etc.)?

And yes, we do have similar cruising styles! I loved the Miracle, and I can't wait to see the Liberty.[/quote]

I'm creating a separate on-line album that I will add to my signature. I took almost 2,000 photos so I have to weed through all of those!! Just letting you know that I have not ignored your request!

B

[quote name='emmysmommy']I'm creating a separate on-line album that I will add to my signature. I took almost 2,000 photos so I have to weed through all of those!! Just letting you know that I have not ignored your request!

B[/quote]

Still working on my photo album....from July 29-Aug 4 LOL!!!! Every weekend I say I will have it done....:rolleyes:

[quote=New 2 Cruisin';11446094][B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=navy]Thank you very much for the info!! My wife and I will be leaving (Sept 23) on the Liberty for our very first cruise ever! Although my wife has NO IDEA! LOL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[/quote]

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary and what a great surprise for your wife. My husband I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on the Valor a couple of weeks ago, and I booked a suite. He had no clue until he walked into the room. He didn't even figure it out when we had VIP check-in because this was my 8th cruise and I told my husband 8 cruises and up you get VIP treatment ;) . He fell for it!

Have a great time and happy anniversary!

[QUOTE=New 2 Cruisin';11446094][B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=navy]Thank you very much for the info!! My wife and I will be leaving (Sept 23) on the Liberty for our very first cruise ever! Although my wife has NO IDEA! LOL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

Hi there ! I'm on the 9/23 sailing of the Liberty also. We have a thread started over on the roll-call boards if you want to check it out ! I love the fact that you are surprising your wife - that's a very BIG surprise !

Archived