Suggestions on a non formal restaurant in Vancouver

Hi! We are staying overnight in Vancouver and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a great place to eat. We don't want to have to dress to the nines to eat there and are looking for fresh seafood perhaps.....no chinese food though. Thanks!!!!

Cardero's is good but my preference for seafood is The Cannery on Commissioner street. It is a cab ride from your hotel - but a great restaurant located right on the docks with a wonderful view out over the harbor to the north shore mountains. Often the harbor seals and or otters will provide you with a free show.

None of the restaurants in Vancouver are overly formal in dress as we the locals are kind of laid back and don't normally dress to the "9's" just to go out for dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

We just came back from our 3-day post-cruise visit to Vancouver. We really enjoyed our dinner at the Top of Vancouver restaurant. I hope I have the name right. It's the revolving restaurant on top of the Vancouver Lookout. The view is wonderful. The food is good, but pricey. Main course was $28-$35. We also had a nice and less expensive dinner at Milestones on Robson Street. I wore jeans to both places.

Can we wear jeans or should we wear dress pants to these restaurants?

Thanks,

Jamie

Vancouver is a pretty casual place. There are very few places where you need to wear dress pants. For men, decent jeans or khaki style pants with a collared shirt will get you in most restaurants. Jeans would be fine in the above mentioned restaurants.

Archived