Fantasy

nobuns9

We have booked the Fantasy for Dec 10 out of New Orleans . Does anyone know of a good hotel and where to park. Thanks:)

There are some hotels that include free cruise parking that run about $125, but you will have to taxi to the port, its too far to walk. There is supposed to be a trolly up and running now to take you to the French Quarter from there.

I have one hotel bookmarked, but dont have time to look, you might look down on gulf port departures board.

Are you looking for free cruise parking or just a hotel. Plenty of great buys on hotels on hotwire for New Orleans.

If you go to bookit.com you can do the 3 star mystery hotel for $50. We got the St. Louis hotel and it was pretty nice, right in the french quarter. As for parking, we went with a private parking garage that is ran by a tour group. We paid $80 for 6 nights. It's only $70 to park at the cruise terminal, but we would have had to pay almost $30 to park at our hotel, so we saved a bit of cash. Machu Picchu is the name of the tour group. You drop your car off with them, they take you to your hotel, pick you up when you're ready to go to the terminal, then pick you up when you get back. I loved them, and they took really good care of us!

we stayed at the drury inn and suites for a free cruise parking rate of 97.

it was really nice and not too far to walk to eat places. we took a taxi to terminal and back. our car was fine while we were gone...hope this helps

i found this rate at the port of new orleans site.

Just a heads up...check on parking prices while you are at the hotel.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on Royal in December and daily parking was $24.00 a night.

Parking at the terminal is $14.00 a day. It is covered and literally right on top of where you check in. They take cash and credit card.

We have sailed out of New Orleans many times and prior to Katrina, we usually stayed at the Holiday Inn in Slidell. It has reopened, as has the McDonald's around the corner from it. We "grew up" around New Orleans, so we don't have any reason to "visit it". I don't know what they charge(since we always get free rooms with our points). But I know they don't charge $24.00 a night to park your car. It is about 45 minutes from the port.

Have a great cruise. We will be on the Holiday (saying goodbye to her) during that time.

to nobuns9:

Hi,

My family and friends will be sailing on the Fantasy on December 10th. We are planning to park at the pier. We parked at the pier this past January. It is $14.00 a day plus tax. We had no problem. We live only 12 minutes from the pier. If you have any questions other than a hotel. I will be glad to answer them.

Neworleanscruiser:)

Archived