Coffee on Conquest

oceanfreaks

:D Hello all! We leave on Sunday, (Ya-hooooo!) and I was wondering about the quality of the coffee. We live in the Seattle area and are quite spoiled when it comes to a good cup o' joe.

Also, are there coffee makers in the rooms?

Gotta have a java!

Thanks!

:D Hello all! We leave on Sunday, (Ya-hooooo!) and I was wondering about the quality of the coffee. We live in the Seattle area and are quite spoiled when it comes to a good cup o' joe.
It ain't Starbucks, that's for darn sure. The dining room coffee is tolerable, and the coffee bar "specialty" drinks (for a charge) are not bad at all.

Also, are there coffee makers in the rooms?
Absolutely not. But you can get a pot from room service at any time, and there is self-serve available on the Lido deck 24/7.

Blech! That's what I think of Carnival's coffee. I do manage to choke it down but I don't like it. The coffee in the dining room is good but the lido deck and room service coffee are sub-par in my opinion.
I'm smuggling a fistful of flavored creamers, or perhaps a bottle or two of syrup next cruise to ease the pain.

The coffee is pretty bad. The specialty coffee is good, plus it is a little cheaper than Starsucks, plus better quality.

As I type, I am drinking a mocha I made myself with my Gaggia espresso machine. 100% locally roasted molokai beans, Guittard chocolate... hmmm! I don't frequent the local java places (they are not as good as my brew!) but the specialty place on the ship is acceptable.

Taste coffee from different areas of the ship. I found the dining room coffee to be a bit better not bitter) then the buffet coffee....Im not saying its great-- it is coffee and it does start my day. No coffee makers in the cabin.

Kristi: royal uses Seattles Best coffee. THere is a degree of difference in the coffee on both lines.

Wife and I are looking forward to early morning on balcony. I thought I would order room service at 5:00 am for juice and coffee for two, but am worried that they won't bring enough coffee for two cups each. Should I order two pots or coffee for four? How big is the serving size for coffee through room service on the Pride?:confused:

Archived