Im so upset...please help.

JPerry

To go on a cruise a birth certificate is required by every line and federal law.Without the proper documents you will NOT be allowed to board.

U.S. citizens must present proof of citizenship in the form of a passport (valid or expired for less than 10 years), original birth certificate, state-issued certified copy of a birth certificate from the Department of Health and Vital Statistics, or original Naturalization papers.

Sooooo, today she sails . . . . . . . . . . or not. We'll have to see if she comes back and lets us know what happened.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I would certainly hope so....I have to admit this one bothered me a little even when not on the computer....but to lead us through this drama and not even tell is the outcome would be barbaric....

I would certainly hope so....I have to admit this one bothered me a little even when not on the computer....but to lead us through this drama and not even tell is the outcome would be barbaric....

Oh, she'll be back, with lots of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure she'll start another thread, though, so don't look for her here.

Well I got on the ship!!! We had a wonderful wedding & honeymoon. When we got to the terminal and handeed the lady at the desk my "certificate of birth" she didnt even look twice, there were no questions asked! We got right on without a problem. I did however request a certified copy as soon as I got home, and as soon as I get it I will get a passport.:)

Here's another issue no one has brought up. IF she slips by and does get on board, there will be a problem when she returns to the US and has to go through US Immigration inspection. I've seen those guys stop people and question them about their documents, if they don't have a passport.

I had no problem getting back through custums either :)

Well I got on the ship!!! We had a wonderful wedding & honeymoon. When we got to the terminal and handeed the lady at the desk my "certificate of birth" she didnt even look twice, there were no questions asked! We got right on without a problem. I did however request a certified copy as soon as I got home, and as soon as I get it I will get a passport.:)

Great! Sounds like the people we had in Rome. We were out of the airport in 15-20 minutes because our bags came off first with Priority tags and the guy at the passport control stamped my passport without even looking up.

Good idea to get a passport.

Oh, and Congratulations!

I'm so happy you were able to board and disembark without any problem. I was really worried you might be turned away at the terminal and that would have been awful. I guess this is a lesson well-learned, right?

I just checked our passports and they're good until Apr/09 which means that we will have to renew before we go on our next planned Mediterranean cruise. Up here in the "frozen tundra", our passports are only good for 5 years. Maybe that's not such a bad thing though, because one's picture can certainly change in 5 years time. I know yours are good for 10 years, though, so yes, go and get one as soon as possible. You never know when you might win a contest and suddenly you're off to Venice or Tokyo or Australia!

Congratulations on the wedding - care to elaborate on the ceremony, or post some pics of what you wore, etc? I'd love to see some and I'm sure others on this board would too.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Archived