Need Help in Seattle

bobbie_81348

We arrived in Seattle today and will be driving to the port in the morning. We checked the area out today and need some info. We are going out on the Pearl so we park in the Bell Street Parking, correct? Where do we drop our bags off. Do they take them somewhere inside the parking deck or do we need to drop them off? We noticed a passenger drop off and pick up it didn't mention dropping off bags. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bobbie

We arrived in Seattle today and will be driving to the port in the morning. We checked the area out today and need some info. We are going out on the Pearl so we park in the Bell Street Parking, correct? Where do we drop our bags off. Do they take them somewhere inside the parking deck or do we need to drop them off? We noticed a passenger drop off and pick up it didn't mention dropping off bags. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bobbie

Yes, park in the Bell Street Parking Garage right across the street from the Pearl at Pier 66. The staff of the parking garage will take care of your car, and also will take you and your luggage across the street in their courtesy van.

They make it very easy!

Thanks for the info. I had thought I remembered a post where someone said they walked across the skywalk and that somebody had taken their luggage but I didn't remember where, in the parking deck or later. Again thanks.

Yes, we usually leave our car at the parking garage, let them take care of our luggage and walk across the pedestrian overpass to the terminal building. But they will take you along with your luggage in their courtesy van if you wish!

Have a great cruise!

brunolvr, I was just on the port web site and it mentioned valet parking in the cruise parking section. Is that required and if so do they keep your keys while you are gone on the cruise? Not something we are crazy about if it is true. Do they take a charge card for parking or do we need cash? Thanks for the help

brunolvr, I was just on the port web site and it mentioned valet parking in the cruise parking section. Is that required and if so do they keep your keys while you are gone on the cruise? Not something we are crazy about if it is true. Do they take a charge card for parking or do we need cash? Thanks for the help

Yes, they started the valet parking this year and yes we had to leave our keys with them while we were on our cruise. We weren't crazy about doing that either, but it worked out just fine.

Credit cards are accepted so no cash needed!

Enjoy the Pearl and Alaska!

It also says on their website not to arrive before 11:30 AM on the day of your cruise, but we were there a little before 11:00 AM and it was fine. I think they just want to make sure everyone is off the ship before the new cruisers arrive.

On the day of our cruise they started boarding the Pearl about 11:15 AM.

Thanks so much for the info. We are heading to the port in about two hours. It really stinks that they will keep the keys, we were going to leave our laptop in the trunk but don't guess we will now. Just one more thing to carry that we weren't going to use on the ship. I don't agree with that policy. People have "stuff" in their cars and now the attendants have access to that "stuff". Going to try and not let it put a damper on the beginning of our cruise.

• 2 months later...
You should have plenty of time for sightseeing. The cruiseships are less than 1/2 hour from Sea-Tac Are you renting a car? Usually you have to check in 1 hour before the ship is scheduled to leave.

Could someone let me know the web site to go to re parking at the Seattle cruise port? Also, what do they charge for a week's storage? We had hoped to find a motel close by where we could leave the car free of charge as they do in the Fort Lauderdale area. Trish

Could someone let me know the web site to go to re parking at the Seattle cruise port? Also, what do they charge for a week's storage? We had hoped to find a motel close by where we could leave the car free of charge as they do in the Fort Lauderdale area. Trish

Here's the link: http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/parkingandtransportation.shtml

When you go to drop your bags, make sure that whoever is parking the car get checked by secuity. Our porter told us that and it saved a LOT of time because they won't send your luggage through if the person with the car is not there. Another family in front of us did not know this and they were very upset about the wait.

Archived