Browncoat Cruise (for Firefly/Serenity Fans)

jetflair

As someone whose first cruise will be a theme cruise, it's interesting to me to read these threads. I'm going to be on the Carnival Elation sailing December 1, 2007 from San Diego.

Browncoats are fans of the short-lived TV series Firefly and the movie Serenity that followed it. We are very devoted to our beloved show, and could probably qualify as fanatics in most circles, but we are friendly and polite. I see us having a lot of fun, and certainly not ruining the cruise experience for anyone, I hope.

• 2 weeks later...

some of us browncoats ARE confussed trekkies - but that's another issue altogether LOL

Nope, gotta say, fans of Firefly - in my experience are very nice and NORMAL people.... fellow cruise-goers won't have any trouble from us :)

• 2 months later...

Well Met! This will be my third cruise and my first fanbased cruise. Of our party Jessica and I are browncoats, Tam and Jenn booked a general berth. Looking forward to all the festivities. Was on the conquest for both of my other cruises. Several folks said smaller boats made for better cruising what with the less complicated floorplans. Completely excited and packing today since I'm flying in early (wednesday) to see some family. Are you going to the takeoff party? I'd thought about it but the other three traveling with me wont be in til the day we debark.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

My husband and I would go on a Browncoat cruise, without hestitation. Especially if certain cast members from Firefly would be featured. (He likes "Kaylee" and I am definitely a "Mal" fan!!!)

How much fun would that be???!!!??!!

• 2 weeks later...

The DW and I would be up for a Browncoat Themed cruise. If Safron, Kaylee and Zoe were there I think the male contingent would be happily occupied. Get Mal and Jane for the ladies and we'd never head back to port :rolleyes:

Archived