Transfer and Hotel in Miami

jbmanuel

Hi all, I have a quick question..I am flying into Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise leaving from Miami. Any suggestions on where to stay in Miami, Looking for something close to the port...Also if I don't rent a car, what would you suggest to get from the airport to the port?

I will be in Miami for 2 nights and may rent a car , just looking at some options....

Thanks in Advance ...Jackie.

Hi all, I have a quick question..I am flying into Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise leaving from Miami. Any suggestions on where to stay in Miami, Looking for something close to the port...Also if I don't rent a car, what would you suggest to get from the airport to the port?

I will be in Miami for 2 nights and may rent a car , just looking at some options....

Thanks in Advance ...Jackie.

If you are spending 2 nights I would suggest you rent a car at FLL and return it in Miami. There used to be a few companies that would let you drop the car off and would transport you to the pier. I think one was Hertz. As for where to stay, if you rent a car it probably doesn't really matter. I would choose a hotel near the airport like, Embassy suites. They offer a managers cocktail hour each night and full cooked to order breakfast. If you prefer to stay near the port try either Holiday Inn or Intercontenental. Both are across the street from the Bayside marketplace with is pretty cool. The Holiday Inn is a little closer and less expensive, but not as nice as Intercontenental. These are just some ideas, others will give you more options I am sure.

Nita

We stayed at the Holiday Inn. The hotel was clean and comfortable for the price, but nothing fancy. We ended up with a suite overlooking the port. We were also right across the street from shopping and restaurants. We enjoyed our stay there.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn. The hotel was clean and comfortable for the price, but nothing fancy. We ended up with a suite overlooking the port. We were also right across the street from shopping and restaurants. We enjoyed our stay there.

We stayed there a couple of years ago, large group, just prior to our granddaughters wedding on the Zenith. Yes, it was clean, and those on the higher floors had a great view of the ships. Our problem was service, it may have been the worst we have ever had and we have traveled quite a bit. From the front desk to the dining room and house keeping. Most of us were very disappointed.

I would add, we might stay there again if the price was right, the location is great.

Nita

If you are spending 2 nights I would suggest you rent a car at FLL and return it in Miami. There used to be a few companies that would let you drop the car off and would transport you to the pier. I think one was Hertz. As for where to stay, if you rent a car it probably doesn't really matter. I would choose a hotel near the airport like, Embassy suites. They offer a managers cocktail hour each night and full cooked to order breakfast. If you prefer to stay near the port try either Holiday Inn or Intercontenental. Both are across the street from the Bayside marketplace with is pretty cool. The Holiday Inn is a little closer and less expensive, but not as nice as Intercontenental. These are just some ideas, others will give you more options I am sure.

Nita

I appreciate you response.....sometimes the boards can be overwhelming!

Archived