Enchantment Review 8/27 - Royal Suite, Dinner with Captain, FIRE onboard

capnlars

Mamabean thanks for including me you are so right, my problem is when I go to other concierge lounges & have to compare the concierge to Julian. As a matter of fact I memtioned you to Julian & he said that he just heard from you via his personal email. I told him that thanks to you that you squashed all of the rumor's about his not returning to EOS. I told him that the boards were running rampare with all of the rumors. As the gentleman that he is he just laughed.

Mamabean thanks for including me you are so right, my problem is when I go to other concierge lounges & have to compare the concierge to Julian. As a matter of fact I memtioned you to Julian & he said that he just heard from you via his personal email. I told him that thanks to you that you squashed all of the rumor's about his not returning to EOS. I told him that the boards were running rampare with all of the rumors. As the gentleman that he is he just laughed.

Yes, that sounds just like him. I always think it's so funny that he doesn't seem to have any inflated ego problems will all the attention he gets. He just seems to keep on keeping on and has fun doing it. And so do we! :)

Gina

Capnlars-- We might be doing different legs. Ours is 1/4/09-2/18/09.

We start in LA and end in Santo Domingo. Is this what you're doing?

Gina- Enjoy your cruise. I know it's getting close. I'll be checking

my email for a full update.

Catgirl - yup 1/4 to 1/18. The itinerary given by the Loyalty Ambassador shows Cristobal Pier on the 13th from 6p to 8p. It then shows arrival in Santo Domingo (I mistakenly said San Salvador) at 4am on the 18th. It does look like this is going to conflict with a mandatory company meeting, so I have a feeling we are going to end up cancelling.

This was a great cruise for us. The crew and staff of this ship did a tremendous job. They all seem to enjoy their work, and many commented on what a great captain they had. We will definitely sail this ship again. Five days is way too short, we will likely do a back-to-back next time. While on board we booked the Vision of the Seas repositioning cruise for January of 2009.

I totally agree on 5 days being too short! DW and I agree that Enchantment is our favorite ship and whenever we look to cruise, that is the only ship we check by name before narrowing cruises based on itineraries. It seems to always be doing 5 day cruises in September when we normally cruise. We have not been onboard since it was stretched, so we are hoping to get to it soon! We may have to bite the bullet and do B2B as well.

Capnlars---I really hope you can make the repo cruise. I would hate

to see you miss out for some stinking meeting. But, I understand

about work committments, that's why I cruise in Jan. I'm curious,

did you book an Owner's Suite? I see one more gone. We're booked

in 8502 but will probably cancel and rebook on our upcoming trip

to get the $200 onboard credit.

As far as the canal goes, we did it once before but our memory

is kind of fuzzy. I remember going through the canal which was

very impressive, then I think we were tendered to shore where we

took a ship's tour. When we boarded again the ship was docked.

I remember the tour we took was a train ride through the countryside.

This trip is different because we're going all the way through to the

other side so I'm not quite sure how it will all work. I'm guessing

the same thing, those who are taking tours get tendered to

land and then we pick you up at Crisobal Pier and off we go.

I hope it all works out for you.

Catgirl - Talked to "those who must be obeyed" at work, and we will have the meetings during that cruise. We knew this was a possibility when we booked it - but I'm going to keep the res just in case. As we have recently (in the last couple year's time) become a national company, a lot of people had trouble traveling to California. If that repeats this year, then there's still a possibility it will change. Yes, we did book 8000. We were in that cabin for a 7 night Mex Riv cruise in Jan of 06. So, we'll hold on to it for now and see what happens. The magic 8 ball says "Prognosis is bad".

Excellent review. We have sailed on the Enchantment 2 times--once when she was VERY new (our first cruise!!!). The second time was her last voyage before her stretch. We go again in November 2007.

Anyone know anything more about Julian? Has he worked in any other capaicity on the Enchantment in the past? The one I am thinking of had a British accent. He was on the Enchantment in 1998 as Maitre de and had quite a following.

Linda/Ohio

Enchantment,Westerdam, Brilliance, Majesty, Majesty, Voyager, Jewel

Thanks for the great review. I will be sailing on Enchantment's 7-day Thanksgiving cruise and am bubbling with anticipation. I and my extended family are Enchantment-aholics. We were on the first post-stretch cruise in July 2005, to Canada (freezing cold & rainy the whole voyage) but we all had a great time. Within a month of our return, my brother sent out e-mails instructing us that we needed to do the Enchantment again, and soon. We did the 4-night Key West-Cozumel run in December 2005. A whole year went by, and we reassembled for the 5-night Jamiaca-Cayman trip in December 2006, where we ended up in the "new" cabins. Next up is the Thanksgiving 2007. Four trips on Enchantment in 2-1/2 years shows our devotion, and we're sorry the ship is moving to Panama next year.

Dear Nancy and Larry,

Thank you for taking the time and effort on posting your pictures from your cruise. We are cruising the Enchantment in the Royal Suite on 11/19, so it was awesome to look at your photos.

How many people does the Royal Suite sleep. We currently have 2 cabins booked for our family of 7...we have an inside quad just down the hall for the older kids. My in-laws are also booked in an interior cabin on 8. Will it be acceptable for our family members not booked in the royal suite to go into the concierge lounge, or are they strict with admittance?

Thank you for the info...very much appreciated!!!

Deb:)

[quote name='7riverkids']Dear Nancy and Larry,

Thank you for taking the time and effort on posting your pictures from your cruise. We are cruising the Enchantment in the Royal Suite on 11/19, so it was awesome to look at your photos.

How many people does the Royal Suite sleep. We currently have 2 cabins booked for our family of 7...we have an inside quad just down the hall for the older kids. My in-laws are also booked in an interior cabin on 8. Will it be acceptable for our family members not booked in the royal suite to go into the concierge lounge, or are they strict with admittance?

Thank you for the info...very much appreciated!!!

Deb:)[/QUOTE]

Deb, Family members in other cabins are not permitted in the CL. The only exception would be if they are diamond C&A members but then they'd have access no matter which cabin they are in. We've seen Julian in action clearing out the cruisers who are not supposed to be there. He takes care of this the first night of the cruise. He has a list of the names of who have access. He's generally pretty strict about access in his own charming way.

It wouldn't be fair to those who have ligitimate CL access to have a crowded lounge because others are bringing family members who don't really qualify for access.

[quote name='7riverkids']Gina,

Thank you for the information. We are reconfiguring our cabin assignments so the adults can enjoy the concierge lounge during the cruise. How awesome to have this info prior to the cruise...much appreciated.

Deb[/QUOTE]

Deb, That's a great idea. If everyone is booked into the appropriate cabin for CL access, they can still sleep whereever they want to. ;) Have fun.

Gina

[quote name='7riverkids']Nancy and Larry,

Are the beverages and snacks in the royal suite complimentary or is there a charge per item? We are booked in the royal suite on 11/19/07. Thank you for the information.

Deb[/quote]

Deb - The afternoon snacks, champagne and fruit on departure, and Evian water were complimentary. There is a small fridge stocked with soda and water that they charge for. If there's something you'll want that is not in the little fridge - they'll put it in there (we asked for Diet Coke to be added).

As far as how many can sleep there - that's up to how crowded you want it. We were just the two of us and it was WAY more room than we needed. There was a queen size sofabed in the living room, that could hold 2. I don't know if they'll put a rollaway in or not, though.

Have fun on your trip - we really enjoyed it. Room steward Sachin rocks!

[quote name='7riverkids']Larry and Nancy,

Thank you for the info. Larry, do you go by Lars also...because of the Capnlars. We have a 13 yo son named Lars. It is not a name you see very often. Thanks again.

Deb[/quote]

It's a nickname I got in high school, when I was taking flying lessons. Some of my really old friends still call me that.

• 3 years later...
[SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][B]Thanks Larry and Nancy,[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][B]My husband and I are on the Enchantment of the Seas for a 12 night cruise coming up in Jan, and we booked the Royal Suite. This was exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you for sharing, and we are so looking forward to this cruise. We have dinned at the Captains table on the Serenade and it was an something we will remember, but not a deal breaker if we do not ever do it again. Thanks again for all the Great info![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived