What are our chances?

pepelapew

When DH and I booked our cruise this past March we picked cabin 7163 cat K inside cabin on the Empress of the Seas. My question is what are the chances of us being upgraded to an oceanview room? Not sure how all this works out being first time cruisers. I figured all you experienced cruisers would know a bit more than I. Thank You.

I don't think that you will get an upgrade since you choose the cabin number but I mat be wrong. They may call you and offer.

I booked a certain room number and do not want to be upgraded.

If I were, I would condisider it a downgrade as I would get a smaller room.

Cabin 2200 on Sea

Since you booked a cabin number your chances of being upgraded are very narrow almost none. The only way you can be upgraded is if someone else wants the cabin then the agent will call you for an upgrade.

Another way to get upgraded is to watch the price of your sailing--if it comes down call the agent and request the price difference or an upgrade.

Sometimes an upgrade can come jsut as easy as if you call the agent and ask whats the price difference to go to an oceanview--youmay be surprised that it will cost only a few bucks.

When is your cruise and why did you pick that cabin?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with everyone else- slim and none. I also agree with a previous

poster who said to watch for deals. Let me explain. we booked a cruise on Brilliance just before Christmas last year for an outside cabin. Later, I ran across an ad for a balcony cabin at less than what I had booked the outside cabin for. Called my travel agent, and it was done.

If I remember correctly, this was even after the final payment. The difference was refunded to my credit card.

Also, when we went to Hawaii, one of the posters on the Celebrity board mentioned that he had gotten a $99/person airfare. We had our travel agent check into this, saved ourselves over $400.

There is nothing better than an informed consumer. Subscribe to as many Cruise and Travel newsletters as you can. I prefer TravelZoo

Archived