Attn: Glory Cruisers

KenMo

I did a search to see if there was a Glory info thread. Either there isn't one or the search function isn't working.

Anyway.....I'm leaving Saturday. If anyone has any questions post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

I always keep my Capers so I will have those, as well.

Hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew....lol!!!

I did a search to see if there was a Glory info thread. Either there isn't one or the search function isn't working.

Anyway.....I'm leaving Saturday. If anyone has any questions post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

I will be sailing on the Glory two weeks after you, and I would appreciate ANY information you can give. Especially if you have the ability to scan the Capers, so that I will know what I have to look forward to.

I know that Dean and Felix have really taken their toll on my emotions, but I have finally given up worrying about WHERE we're going, and am just looking forward to GOING! I hope you have a great time, and will look forward to reading your review!:)

Hi Kenmo! Thanks for your offer. We were wondering if our room key and sign & sail card are the same. We have heard conflicting reports on this issue and we know from prior sailings that sometimes they are seperate cards.

Thanks again!

They are the same on the Glory.

Hi KenMo,

We go on honeymoon 4 weeks after you (6th oct, west caribbean) :)

What we really like to know are the ports we will visit. And wich days. We already booked an excursion at cozumel (swimming with dolphins). But we read on the forum the ship maybe visit cozumel one day later than expect. the first port could be key west now.

I would also like a scan of the capers if it's possible :). It's nice to know what we can expect and already planning the things we want to do / see.

I wish you a very good sailing and make fun! Hope to hear from you.

greetings Roy

Yes, I plan on scanning the Capers when I get back.

Not sure where we're going other than Western. The last review I read, the itinerary was:

Key West

Sea Day

Cozumel

Progreso

Sea Day

Nassau

But, as we know, that can change!

I'm leaving home Friday, but I plan to check this thread while I'm on the ship to see if there's anything I need to check out for anyone.

Yes, I plan on scanning the Capers when I get back.

Not sure where we're going other than Western. The last review I read, the itinerary was:

Key West

Sea Day

Cozumel

Progreso

Sea Day

Nassau

But, as we know, that can change!

I'm leaving home Friday, but I plan to check this thread while I'm on the ship to see if there's anything I need to check out for anyone.

I like that. Im booked for January, I hope we stop in Key West. I have also never been to Progreso. What is there to do in Progreso, and where is it?

I like that. Im booked for January, I hope we stop in Key West. I have also never been to Progreso. What is there to do in Progreso, and where is it?

I like Progreso.

The beach is okay, not like a Caribbean beach though.

They don't get many cruise ships in and that may be why the people seemed more like "real"people to me. When we were there last year Progreso was getting one cruise ship a week.

They do sell junk, but they at least look embarrassed.

Many of them have very little English.

We got a cab and went here.

http://www.yucatantoday.com/destinations/eng-dzibilchaltun.htm

We hired a very good guide there for $12.

It was well worth the money.

I have also never been to Progreso. What is there to do in Progreso, and where is it?

Progreso is just about due west of Cozumel.....on the Gulf side of Mexico. Which is probably why the water isn't as nice as the Caribbean.

The first and last time I was there we went to Chichen Itza.....if you're into ruins you'll want to check it out. It's a long ride there and back but was worth it to me.

This time I'm finding a beach. I've read there is one right near the port that would be similar to Mahajual....if you've been there.

My PVP called a few minutes ago. The itinerary is the one I posted above....barring any other unforeseen weather problems!!!

This time I'm finding a beach. I've read there is one right near the port that would be similar to Mahajual....if you've been there.

We were just there, don't expect the beach to be like Majahual - it's much more developed as a town, loads of traffic, and the beach itself is nothing to get excited about (IMHO) - not the clean, clear water you might expect. We did not take an excursion - took the bus into town and walked the 3 blocks to the beach. (the same area as the Corona beach break excursion). Be prepared to have vendors selling things up and down the beach, on both sides of the streets... not pushy, tho, very nice people just trying to make an honest living. Some that took the resort excursion were very impressed, would do that if we go again.

Glad you are tackling this chore for us. (9-8'ers)

Now I can sit back and drink all 7 days without worrying about reporting back.:D

Bill

Glad you are tackling this chore for us. (9-8'ers)

Now I can sit back and drink all 7 days without worrying about reporting back.:D

Bill

Bill....didn't you know??

As the questions come poring in, I'm sending everyone out on recon...lol!!

Progreso is just about due west of Cozumel.....on the Gulf side of Mexico. Which is probably why the water isn't as nice as the Caribbean.

The first and last time I was there we went to Chichen Itza.....if you're into ruins you'll want to check it out. It's a long ride there and back but was worth it to me.

My PVP called a few minutes ago. The itinerary is the one I posted above....barring any other unforeseen weather problems!!!

Thanks I wonder if thats where the Glory will be going in late January. I guess time will tell.

Right now the change in itinerary is only valid until Dec. 2007. I think the goal is to have costa maya and belize ports up and running by January.

We aren't going until August 2008 lets hope nothing else happens to this intinerary. I am really looking foward to doing the originl intinerary. We didn't get to go to Cozumel on our last Carnival cruise because of hurricane Wilma and I really wanted to go to Belize.

Thanks I wonder if thats where the Glory will be going in late January. I guess time will tell.

According to the Key West city website, Carnival has only contracted the Glory's berth there through the December 15th sailing.

After that. it is back to the original itinerary.

Bill

Hi Kenmo! Thanks for your offer. We were wondering if our room key and sign & sail card are the same. We have heard conflicting reports on this issue and we know from prior sailings that sometimes they are seperate cards.

Thanks again!

Glory is sign & sail and room key are the same.

Archived