Going crazy TILL I LEAVE !

rob6465

I book a number of shorter cruises when it's just me and my step daughter or my girlfriends, 4 or 5's. The 7 day or better ones are for my and my hubby. Like I said, I go more than he does. He likes cruises just not as addicted as I am.

Have a great time on your 1st cruise. I know you will both have a blast.

ok, now everyone is REALLY getting me nervous. I see people with 2-3 cruises a year and i say to myself....is that real ? I guess it is.

LOL

In one years time, we did three cruises on Celebrity.. Sept 2001, May 2002 and again Sept 2002

The first was planned.. then we convinced my parents to go.. and they paid!! and then we all went again

But we bargain hunt and got incredible deals..

That's why I can't book far out - because I do nothing but read on here until the day!!! My DH is constantly rolling his eyes at the amount of time I am on here. Opps, he's back, I gotta go. LOL

I hope you love your 1st cruise!!!

Your Husband must be hangin with mine.. he just rolled his eyes and asked why i cant get enough

TRock ? Where in NY you live ? I'm originally from NY, moved to Houston...correction.....wife swept me off to Houston. NEVER thought i'd leave NY...35 YRS LIVED THERE.

LONG ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!via NYC!!!!!!!!!

How can you leave ny!

Going with wife on 1st cruise(conquest) on 9/16. It's 12 days left and i cannot concentrate at work. C'mon, has anyone else been through this ? I even have a "Days at work" countdown...after today it's 7 days(off on 9/14).

I am right with ya. The waiting is driving me nutso..... :p :D :)

Going with wife on 1st cruise(conquest) on 9/16. It's 12 days left and i cannot concentrate at work. C'mon, has anyone else been through this ? I even have a "Days at work" countdown...after today it's 7 days(off on 9/14).

and you haven't been on the cruise yet, oh boy, you are comming down with it and it is contagious, cruise fever. one is never enough.enjoy look forward to your review

pat/sisters two

and you haven't been on the cruise yet, oh boy, you are comming down with it and it is contagious, cruise fever. one is never enough.enjoy look forward to your review

pat/sisters two

very contagious.. cough cough ah ah ah cruise!

Bless me

Thank you

Trock....my present wife(Houstonian) swept me away from NY(Manhattan). I went to Farmingdale in 83-85 and miss simple things like pizza, catching a cab at 3am and venturing out to nightlife at 2am. Life is good here, would've never been able to afford a house in NY.

I'll probably be booking my next cruise on ship and wife will be asking..Where is HE ?

Trock....my present wife(Houstonian) swept me away from NY(Manhattan). I went to Farmingdale in 83-85 and miss simple things like pizza, catching a cab at 3am and venturing out to nightlife at 2am. Life is good here, would've never been able to afford a house in NY.

I'll probably be booking my next cruise on ship and wife will be asking..Where is HE ?

Yep nothing beats Manhattan!

Farmingdale HS or Suny?

I went to Hauppauge HS... Suffok CC

Housing prices, believe or it not have dropped on the island... but taxes havent!!!!!!!!!!

The concentration "syndrome" is common:D

I hope you have a magical first cruise!!

Payd:)

I'm right there with ya, Rob! I sail on the 15th and I've been soooo unproductive at work lately. My mind wanders and I just want to be on that ship!

But try this on for size...not only do I go on my first cruise on the 15th, but I get home on the 20th and close on my FIRST HOUSE on the 21st! It's all very stressful and exciting at the same time. :eek: :D

Yep nothing beats Manhattan!

Farmingdale HS or Suny?

I went to Hauppauge HS... Suffok CC

Housing prices, believe or it not have dropped on the island... but taxes havent!!!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Port Jeff. Lived there for 22 years. Then I moved to Jersey for 13 and now in St. Louis for the next 2 years. I still call NY my home. :D

Hi Rob,

I know exactly what you are saying. This has been such a stressful time for me... two years ago I started a new job, a few months after that my mom died unexpectedly, then a few months later my husband became very ill and had to have surgery, a few months after that we found out that what the surgery was for had nothing to do with his symptoms, he actually had a rare disease and was hospitalized for two weeks last Christmas until they figured it out, he had temporal arteritis, I won't go into all the medicine they had him on and what all they thought he had. They finally moved him down to University of Utah where they figured out what he had after he lost 25 pounds and could no longer walk... anyway.... a few months ago, to get closer to medical help, we moved to a city two hours away. After months of physical therepy and doctors who actually know what they are doing DH is doing much better and is finally able to drive again as of last week!!!! All of that happened on top of the fact that he is medically disabled from Multiple Sclerosis.

It finally feels like our lives are starting to get under control. My daughter booked this cruise for her, her best friend and their moms because they are turning 30. At first I said no because it all just seemed too overwhelming to even think about but now that things are more calm I am so glad she did. I can't seem to do anything but think about this cruise. I go to sleep at night imagining what it is going to be like and wake up imagining what it is going to be like. I am so thankful for this board ... it keeps me occupied while I wait. :D Have fun on your cruise!!!!

Hi Rob,

I know exactly what you are saying. This has been such a stressful time for me... two years ago I started a new job, a few months after that my mom died unexpectedly, then a few months later my husband became very ill and had to have surgery, a few months after that we found out that what the surgery was for had nothing to do with his symptoms, he actually had a rare disease and was hospitalized for two weeks last Christmas until they figured it out, he had temporal arteritis, I won't go into all the medicine they had him on and what all they thought he had. They finally moved him down to University of Utah where they figured out what he had after he lost 25 pounds and could no longer walk... anyway.... a few months ago, to get closer to medical help, we moved to a city two hours away. After months of physical therepy and doctors who actually know what they are doing DH is doing much better and is finally able to drive again as of last week!!!! All of that happened on top of the fact that he is medically disabled from Multiple Sclerosis.

It finally feels like our lives are starting to get under control. My daughter booked this cruise for her, her best friend and their moms because they are turning 30. At first I said no because it all just seemed too overwhelming to even think about but now that things are more calm I am so glad she did. I can't seem to do anything but think about this cruise. I go to sleep at night imagining what it is going to be like and wake up imagining what it is going to be like. I am so thankful for this board ... it keeps me occupied while I wait. :D Have fun on your cruise!!!!

you completely deserve this cruise!!! Have an amazing time and good luck to you and your husband! =)

have fun

I know what your going through. My family & I are going on the Carnival Pride on 10/07/07 and I can't concentrate on anything but the cruise. We have 32 days to go & I'm already putting things together for the cruise. Now thats a little sick. Getting things together makes me feel like were leaving really soon. It just makes me feel better. My kids look at me like I'm nuts. I am, but oh well. You should be excited. This will be our 3rd cruise & it's just so exciting everytime. To us there is no other way to travel. There's just nothing like the feeling of being on the ocean with that cool ocean breeze. You have a wonderful trip. Have a blast. Debbie :)

This is so funny because I just did a post myself without first reading this one and asking if anyone else out there was feeling what I was feeling to the point I was feeling it. I'm sooooooo excited!!!! Glad to know that I'm not the only one out there driving everyone around me nuts with the cruise stuff. I just can't wait but at the same time, don't want to rush time because I want it all to last. Does that make sense? Arggghhhh!!!!!

Happy Cruising fellow excited people!!!! :D

Archived