Going crazy TILL I LEAVE !

rob6465

Going with wife on 1st cruise(conquest) on 9/16. It's 12 days left and i cannot concentrate at work. C'mon, has anyone else been through this ? I even have a "Days at work" countdown...after today it's 7 days(off on 9/14).

Going with wife on 1st cruise(conquest) on 9/16. It's 12 days left and i cannot concentrate at work. C'mon, has anyone else been through this ? I even have a "Days at work" countdown...after today it's 7 days(off on 9/14).

It's just a week's vacation.

Come On... Man Up ! :confused:

Rob6465 - I feel the exact same way as you do. I also leave on September 16th for my cruise on the Destiny! I'm so glad Im not alone in the waiting game. I can't concentrate on work stuff either. My last day to work is 9/13 and then Im off for the rest of the month. Now how cool is that? Woooo Hooooooo!!!

Rob, was just like that in June for my first cruise. Even went to counting hours the last week or so!! Drove all my friends nuts. Enjoy the anticipation, it is part of the fun

If it makes you feel any better We had such a good time we booked a 4 day as a lil getaway and I am just as excited. Dont think it ever goes away.

Yep... I'm sailing on the Conquest the week after you.

The countdown running on my phone tells me that I have 19 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes, 18, 17, 16, 15.... seconds to go.

For me, at least, cruising is more than just another week of vacation. It's a chance to veg out, eat some great food and leave everything else behind.

Yeah... I'm looking forward to my cruise, too...

By the way... don't drink all the booze!! Save some for me.

;)

Rob, except for the one poster :( in this thread, you will find that everyone feels the same way. And the closer you get to your cruise it seems to get worse, if that is indeed possible. Our cruise does not leave for over a year and I am excited. When I book I am, checking off the days, and then when I get to the day, I am beyond excited. There is just something about cruising that brings out our inner excited kid in all of us :D.

Have a wonderful cruise, your going to have a fabulous time.

Well, I'm leaving on my 7th cruise tomorrow and I'm as excited as if it was my first cruise! (And, I'm retired, so I don't have to count down days at work. :) )

I know it sounds strange, but I love the waiting and anticipation. Of course, my family probably is sick of listening to me natter on about the trip, but what the heck.

Enjoy the build up. It makes the day you finally step on board even more enjoyable.

i know the feeling! Luckily I had yesterday (Monday) off from work, so after today there are only 3 more work days!!! Off to San Juan on Saturday and Sunday I will set sail on the Destiny!!!

I have been counting down the days and unfortunately have been on "vacation mode" for about a month already....

I'm right there with you. 4 more days and it can't get here fast enough. And it seems like everything is going wrong this week, which doesn't help! Our dog ate my husband's $200 sunglasses this morning. Yeah, we're having a FABULOUS week so far! Looks like we're going to be staying on the ship in Cozumel most definitely now, since I have to buy a new pair of sunglasses for dh. doh! But I don't care - I just want to get on the ship NOW!

Ok, so now I don't feel so bad. I have 7 mos. until first cruise and I am driving everyone crazy. No one is as excited as I am so I had to promise to stop talking abt. it all the time. Now I can talk to you guys.

Bamafan, you can talk about it all you want here....we've all got the same illness!:D

However, you cannot talk about Bama!;)

Only kidding....you know I would have to hand in my GT fan membership card and unlearn the secret handshake if I didn't say it!:p

So, welcome to our little sick community....we're all awaiting our next cruise fix!:cool:

rob, check out my daughter's (cruiseteen) posting on funstuff. I think you'll be able to relate!

Hang in there, some days are easier than others! Our cruise buddies know to expect a call from my hubby with a day countdown, now, they answer his ring with "# days left!!". It's nice to share!:p

Sol y Mar

I'm going on the the same cruise on the same day. I cant wait. I'm so excited

I cant stand it. But I must tell what I read about jamica in one of my post replies. It said that you might be offered weed or BOB MARELY. I dont know

about going to Jamica but, i'll give it a chance. well peace out mon!!!

romeosgirl

It's just a week's vacation.

Come On... Man Up ! :confused:

for the love of god, how could you say that...:eek:

to the OP.. NO YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE--- i am the same way- i cant stop thinking about leaving ... i just want to be ON THAT BOAT lol!!!!!!

CANT WAIIITTTTT:D

Ok, so now I don't feel so bad. I have 7 mos. until first cruise and I am driving everyone crazy. No one is as excited as I am so I had to promise to stop talking abt. it all the time. Now I can talk to you guys.

im the only excited one... lol.... im like ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and they think im nuts... i cant only express my excitedness on here! lol

Okay now I really don't feel bad:D Talk about driving everyone nuts. I think they are all ready to tape my mouth shut and tape me to my desk chair at work!!! I still have 83 days left. I can't even imagine how I will be in the weeks to come:eek: I will be lucky if I still have a job!!!

You think it's bad now? Just wait till AFTER your first cruise! We couldn't WAIT for our second!! We leave in 13 days and already are planning TWO for next year. My GAWD what have I gotten into!?! Isn't it great?

Overly excited to be going on my 3rd cruise this year at the end of this month and all ready planning the 4th cruise for early December, then a reunion cruise with the girls in Jan. 2008. I was addicted to cruisin from the very start. My hubby can't stand me anymore, lol. I go way more than he does. :D

i know the feeling! Luckily I had yesterday (Monday) off from work, so after today there are only 3 more work days!!! Off to San Juan on Saturday and Sunday I will set sail on the Destiny!!!

I have been counting down the days and unfortunately have been on "vacation mode" for about a month already....

668Kris, Hey, have fun! if you have time let me know how the band is and what kind of music they play.

NO!!!

It never goes away... We are approaching our 7th cruise in May 2008.. 256 days away and counting... At least you are down to 12... Once you return you will not be able to get "that feeling" off your mind.. You will wake up in the middle of the night and then once you realize you are home in your own bed, you will curse the day the cruise ended.

You will close your eyes and try to smell the ocean air...

You get glimpses in your mind of a waiter yelling out Bahamamamas, Bahamamamas...

Then reality sets in.. then depression.. then the realization that you must immediately book another cruise.. SOON!

:D

Archived