Carnival CEO or President's e-mail address?

Guera88

:confused:

I'm booked on the 9/24/04 cruise - Paradise and having a problem. I have tried to contact my TA to find out about cabin assignment. We have a gaur. ocean view. Got the tickets already but no assigment yet. Anyway, I have not gotten a response from them. Seems as soon as I paid in full they were done with me and won't use them again! Anyway, Carnival says I have to go thru my TA and won't help me. I am a past cruiser with Carnival and heard the cruise is not sold out and I'm hoping to get a free upgrade. I thought if I contact the Pres. or CEO directly I will definately get somewhere.

I seriously doubt that trying to contact the CEO or President of Carnival will get you anywhere, but you can try. I'd keep after the TA to try to find out what cabin you have. It's also possible that you won't know until you reach the pier. Please keep us updated.

When you booked a guarantee it was on the condition that you would not get your cabin assignment until you get to the pier. The CEO of a MAJOR enterprise has 100's of people that are in customer service. This is NOT an issue to take to the CEO of Carnival. Contact customer service, but they are right... you have a guarantee and when you get to the pier you will find out where it is.

As was stated above - a guarantee just guarantees that you'll AT LEAST get a regular oceanview room. You MIGHT get an upgrade but it's not for sure. I don't think Bob Dickinson would be the appropriate person to contact. You may just have to wait until you get to the dock. Consider it a surprise!

Excuse me...can I ask my you booked a guarantee if cabin location was so important? That is part of the fun....waiting to see what cabin you get. Maybe in the future you should select the cabin you want so you will not have to worry about it.

First of all I do not know why you think the president of Carnival would want to help gain information that you are not entitled to,

and second of all, why do you feel you should have special treatment because you have previously sailed on Carnival?

You will end up with what ever you are supposed to get. If the ship is not selling well you will most likely be upgraded. Do you also ask to speak with the pitboss to make sure you will be dealt an ace?

FWIW I just tried booking the cruise on line and the best available was a 5A. Now if you would like to demand a down grade from Mr Dickinson I am sure he will be willing to assist you.

Why don't you log onto Carnival's web-site and try there. If you have a booking Number it might work, it did for me. Log on go to my reservation, then go to modify booking and scroll all the way to bottom of page. I booked Balcony GTY and found I was upgraded to Lido Deck, and that was about 3 weeks ago, for our Sept 25th sailing on the Triumph.

Not only did you book a guarantee to get a lower price, but you also went to an outside TA instead of Carnival, and now that you're having problems you want Carnival to fix it?

Yeah, I'm sure Bob Dickinson is going to take time out of his busy day to not only find out what your cabin assignment is, but to also give you that free upgrade. Especially since all the problems you're having are with a company that he has nothing to do with.

I think you need to try the CEO or President of the TA company you're using.

Not only did you book a guarantee to get a lower price, but you also went to an outside TA instead of Carnival, and now that you're having problems you want Carnival to fix it?

Yeah, I'm sure Bob Dickinson is going to take time out of his busy day to not only find out what your cabin assignment is, but to also give you that free upgrade.

Fix it? There's nothing to fix - the OP booked a "guarantee". *shakes head* - Must be the past CCL cruiser status.:rolleyes:

Sure why not? Seems people think he actually "reads" his email and hands out all those freebies.

Guera......please ignore the nasty and sarcastic posts..they serve no useful purpose.

Perhaps you don't understand how it "goes".

When you book a guaranteed cabin it only means that you will get "at least" that grade of cabin.

You don't get your cabin number until you get to the pier. If, at that time, you find that you have been upgraded....cool.....if not, oh well. All past customers do not automatically get upgraded.

Neither Carnival nor your TA is screwing you around.

If you wanted to know your cabin number sooner, you should have booked an assigned cabin.

Good luck.........Dolly :)

For heavens sake! Can't you people just answer the question without being so judgemental.Good luck, Mariann

BDickinson@carnival.com

Can't one read entire thread before responding?

Emailing Uncle Bob about this would serve absolutley no purpose - as has already been said.

Can't one read entire thread before responding?

Emailing Uncle Bob about this would serve absolutley no purpose - as has already been said.

Liv,I did read the entire thread. No where in the original post did the OP ask for anyones opinions.There was only one question mark in the entire post.I was answering the OP's question.Perhaps my heavens sake was not neccasary,but I have been getting tired of reading the negative opinionated answers given to a poster who just asks a simple question.I am not going to argue with you about it,as I know that would be futile.Thanks,Mariann

To the O.P.,sorry for using your thread in this manner. Hope you find the info you were seeking. :) Mariann

I am sure if I was the President of Carnival, I would certainly NOT change my email address after it had been given out to over 100K people over the years... but if everyone wants to keep sending emails there, fine. You'd do just as good (and the same) to email guestrelations@carnival.com :rolleyes:

Yes, it was a simple question. I guess we should have just said 'No, that is not a vaild reason for wanting Bob Dickinson's email address, you should try the CEO or President of the TA company you're using.' Oh yeah, I did say that last part.

And there were actually 6 question marks in the thread before you posted Mariann. Yes, I counted.

:D Thanks to Mariann and Dolly for their nice, informative replies! Geez, I didn't think I'd start such commotion! :p My sister-in-law actually celebrated 2 anniversary's on Carnival and the 1st time she told them that, and even though others were receiving cakes for b-days, anniversaries, etc. at dinner, they didn't. So for the next cruise she contacted Bob Dickinson by e-mail, and to her surprise, she and her husband received a huge chocolate cake on their special day, and free champagne upon arrival to their stateroom compliments of "Bob" himself! So it does work! For all those who are now going to ask why I didn't get the e-mail from my sister-in-law -- she lost it - it was a couple years ago!

I think it's worth a shot!

Yes, it was a simple question. I guess we should have just said 'No, that is not a vaild reason for wanting Bob Dickinson's email address, you should try the CEO or President of the TA company you're using.' Oh yeah, I did say that last part.

And there were actually 6 question marks in the thread before you posted Mariann. Yes, I counted.

"There was only one question mark in the entire post." original "POST" (not thread)-Just to clear that up. I still stand by my point as I am sure you will also.I am done arguing over this. Mariann

:confused:

I'm booked on the 9/24/04 cruise - Paradise and having a problem. I have tried to contact my TA to find out about cabin assignment. We have a gaur. ocean view. Got the tickets already but no assigment yet. Anyway, I have not gotten a response from them. Seems as soon as I paid in full they were done with me and won't use them again! Anyway, Carnival says I have to go thru my TA and won't help me. I am a past cruiser with Carnival and heard the cruise is not sold out and I'm hoping to get a free upgrade. I thought if I contact the Pres. or CEO directly I will definately get somewhere.

You'll never get it from anyone @ Carnival since it is a guarantee. They make that pretty clear.

However,

In your docs there is a Sail and Sign form. On the back of that form is a string of numbers. I don't have mine with me but I think, right after the booking number, MAY be your cabin number. For example, it reads something like this:

ZX027R92092404 with more numbers

Assuming the 'ZX027' is the booking number then the cabin number is R92 - a cabin on the Riviera deck in this example.

IMPORTANT: This does not mean that is the cabin you will wind up with. The reason they sell the guarantees cheaper is to have flexibility.

Anyway, hope this helps :)

Guera88, as you are new to the boards you may also want to try the search feature. I think some people get a little testy because the same question has been asked over and over again. The search feature has been improved greatly with this new system and you may get a lot of answers to your questions that way. Good luck!

Guera88, as you are new to the boards you may also want to try the search feature. I think some people get a little testy because the same question has been asked over and over again.

I disagree Debbie. I think people get testy because 9 times out of 10 people want to email UB about something petty. JMO.

To JJS2K3 - Thanks! Yes I found our room! It's U189! Here it was in front of me all the time! Still would be great to get upgraded to a suite since there's 4 of us in the room! But oh well! I like the deck we're on cuz it's not right below the dining room. And since we need 2 pull down beds, the rooms are limited. Thanks again! You made my day!

Archived