What comfy temperatures at night on ship for newbie? Help!

lilybud

:confused: :o Hello fellow cruisers,

We are leaving on 9/13 for the Insigia's Athens to Rome cruise. Never having been on a ship sailing Med and middle eastern waters before, I have way to many clothes ready (as do most women), but really, I have very little idea of the weather on board during the evening and night. Are the dining rooms chilly with the A/C ? I get cold easily. For just hanging out on the decks during that same time period, what kind of temperatures/winds are we looking at? Do I need a coat/sweater/pashmina or similar? Since we leave next Monday for Athens, I do need some help here, or my entire closet may end up going.

Many, many thank you's in advance. Lily

I am usually chilly in air conditioning. Take a sweater or jacket that is easily removed for the dining rooms. Have something that you can wear on deck, too. In going through my pictures from our Med cruise in September 2004, I see folks in shorts during the day, others are in long pants. At night, some have sweaters and others have on sundresses.

My wife always has a shawl type thing ready for use, and I always take a cardigan sweater with me on cruises.

We find that the dining rooms and main show lounges are often on the cool/chilly side, regardless of the geographic area that the ship is in.

Archived