Carnivals biggest ship???

LSAUNDER

Which is Carnivals biggest ship and is it better than the rest???

Better is a relative term. The larger the ship the more passengers she will carry. Some folks don't like the 'crowds' and prefer some of the smaller, more intimate ships.

I'm very fond of the Inspiration. She's 855 feet and a passenger capacity of just over 2000.

Which is Carnivals biggest ship and is it better than the rest???

I believe the newer Carnival Ships are the biggest, the biggest cruise ship in the world is Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas and soon...Independence of the Seas with a much larger ship in the near future to be called Genesis of the Seas.

While the bigger ships are very nice, I also prefer the smaller ships. I too am partial to Inspiration on CCL and Enchantment on RCCL. Both are among the smaller ships.

Depends on what you refer to as big...

Ship length/tonage or # of passengers?

Here are a few that I know:

Destiny holds the most passengers at 3360 and will still be the Queen even when Splendor enters the water (# passengers will be 3006)

The longest ships are Conquest,Valor,Freedom. Liberty, Glory,Legend, Miracle and Pride all in at about 950 feet.

Of those Conquest,Valor, Freedom, Liberty and Glory hold the most passengers at 2974. The rest hold 2124

So all these ships are similar, except Destiny...she is in a league all by herself. Her layout is different, her itenerary is intense and this ship has a great diversity in the passengers it carries.

Best of luck in your choice

Destiny holds the most passengers at 3360 and will still be the Queen even when Splendor enters the water (# passengers will be 3006)

The longest ships are Conquest,Valor,Freedom. Liberty, Glory,Legend, Miracle and Pride all in at about 950 feet.

Of those Conquest,Valor, Freedom, Liberty and Glory hold the most passengers at 2974. The rest hold 2124

So all these ships are similar, except Destiny...she is in a league all by herself. Her layout is different, her itenerary is intense and this ship has a great diversity in the passengers it carries.

Good to know I will be sailing Destiny in January for our first cruise and am quite excited about all the ports we will be stopping at with no sea days!! And I love to people watch so I'm glad to know their will be a variety of people to watch!!!!

The Destiny is not the largest. She is only 100,000 tons and only carries 2642 passengers at double occupancy. She carries a total of 3360 if all uppers and lowers are full. The Conquest class carry 2974 passengers at double occupancy and even more than the Destiny if all upper and lower berths are full at 3427. The total that Carnival has on their website for the Destiny is the total of all berths and the number shown for the Conquest is the total for double occupancy only. Also the Destiny's layout is no different than the Triumph or Victory. The Triumph and Victory have an additional deck of cabins and carry more passengers but that is really the only major difference.

The Destiny is not the largest. She is only 100,000 tons and only carries 2642 passengers at double occupancy. She carries a total of 3360 if all uppers and lowers are full. The Conquest class carry 2974 passengers at double occupancy and even more than the Destiny if all upper and lower berths are full at 3427. The total that Carnival has on their website for the Destiny is the total of all berths and the number shown for the Conquest is the total for double occupancy only. Also the Destiny's layout is no different than the Triumph or Victory. The Triumph and Victory have an additional deck of cabins and carry more passengers but that is really the only major difference.

Gator,

Thanks for the clarification...I go off Carnivals website for info, appears as though it is posted incorrectly. I also didnt compare the ships by tonnage only by length and passenger capacity as I stated. Not done Triumph or Victory but in any information that I see Destiny is always kinda excluded from the rest of the pack. Really I think all the ships are laid out about the same, I personally found Destiny alittle bit harder to navigate but that may be becouse I had been on Hoilday and Paradise prior.

This is why this site is so awesome...always learn something

Good to know I will be sailing Destiny in January for our first cruise and am quite excited about all the ports we will be stopping at with no sea days!! And I love to people watch so I'm glad to know their will be a variety of people to watch!!!!

No days at sea is intence but this itenerary packs in the fun! You may need a day or two of vacation to recover from vacation. Havent looked at the ports lately but just starting in SanJuan is a plus...your already in an exotic environment. Heard the rain forest there is awesome if you get the opp before or after your cruise. Since this ships home port is PR it makes cruising very easy for this latino population...be prepared for everything over the loud speaker to be repeated in spanish. When we went seemed like alot of families and even extended families. Shoot if the cruise ship were in my back yard you bet Id be on it.

Havent looked at the itenerary lately...think you still do St Thomas, Barbados, Dom Republic..???else. We did Aruba but I know that is off. Did they replace with St Lucia? Cant beat the deep southern caribean. Ah..Paradise

... with a much larger ship in the near future

to be called Genesis of the Seas.

Now that's going to be an event,

when it's launched(Fall of 2009) from the Aker Yards in Finland,

where it's being built.

The new Genesis should be the largest man-made vehicle ever built by Man,

over and above any large U.S. aircraft carrier (correct me if I'm wrong).

This thing is going to be biiig! - at 1180.8 ft LOA

I was kinda hoping it would show up on Google Earth

but detail in the area is awful.

Now that's going to be an event,

when it's launched(Fall of 2009) from the Aker Yards in Finland,

where it's being built.

The new Genesis should be the largest man-made vehicle ever built by Man,

over and above any large U.S. aircraft carrier (correct me if I'm wrong).

This thing is going to be biiig! - at 1180.8 ft LOA

I was kinda hoping it would show up on Google Earth

but detail in the area is awful.

I don't think I would ever book on a cruise ship that large. I can't imagine the staff being able to keep up with the passengers to any degree at all.

As I mentioned, I love the Inspiration. She's the right size and has a great crew. I can't imagine sailing on a ship with 5400 pax... that's just nuts!

Archived