Outcome for Voyager Sept 12

tryan70

Sorry, meant to post earlier but the day after a holiday is always busy.

I am satisfied with the outcome. I didn't hear from REGENT directly, but my TA called me this morning (I had emailed her over the weekend, including the links to the message boards as well as my communication with Mr Conroy) with an update. By mid-day she reported back to me that "the bumping" was rescinded, that we are back on board and in the same suite as we had been before. As a "good will" gesture REGENT has posted a shipboard credit to our suite. As all I wanted was a reinstatement of what I had paid for, I am satisfied with this outcome.

I want to thank everyone again for their concern and their advice. I think I can say "literally", I couldn't have done this without you. Thank you.

So glad to hear this news. After the stressful weekend you have had, you deserve it. Do hope you enjoy your cruise and make sure you spend every $$ of that shipboard credit - Spa time!!!

Have a wonderful time. Again, so glad to hear that RSSC, and Mark Conroy came thru for you, I would have expected nothing less.

Good question though, do you and/or your TA know what happened?

Congrats, that is great!!!

Now I can depart for my Alaska cruise with a happy heart for you.

As so many other posters have asked: What happened???

Surely an explanation would go a long way toward resolving the issue, and the shipboard credit is nice too.

Enjoy and wishing you smooth sailing.

After I read the initial "problem" post, I droped an email to Regent saying something along the lines of:

I read about an invulontary bump on cruisecritic.

We were considering a cruise with Regent, but the action taken b others me so much that we have decided to stay with Crystal.

It was quite a bit more polite, actually. <grin>

Today I recieved a response (which was a nice surprise as I neither asked for nor expected one). The person writing it admitted an error on Regent's part and informed me that the passenger is happy with the resolution. Furthermore, procedures are being changed to prevent a repeat.

I was quite impressed. NOt the least reason being how the person writing was clearly protecting the privacy of the passenger involved.

All in all, the entire affair left a very positve impression.

Paul

After I read the initial "problem" post, I droped an email to Regent saying something along the lines of:

I read about an invulontary bump on cruisecritic.

We were considering a cruise with Regent, but the action taken b others me so much that we have decided to stay with Crystal.

It was quite a bit more polite, actually. <grin>

Today I recieved a response (which was a nice surprise as I neither asked for nor expected one). The person writing it admitted an error on Regent's part and informed me that the passenger is happy with the resolution. Furthermore, procedures are being changed to prevent a repeat.

I was quite impressed. NOt the least reason being how the person writing was clearly protecting the privacy of the passenger involved.

All in all, the entire affair left a very positve impression.

Paul

I am really glad to read this. I love Regent and have a B2B in April 08 and was getting nervous that something like that could happen to us. I really could not understand how the whole thing could have happened in the first place. Just glad to see that Regent admitted to the error and fixed the problem.

Yes, several sources confirm that this was just a mistake on Regent's part. I can't be too critical of them for that. I make at least three mistakes a day!

I think what got some of us so worried is the context. Travel providers seem to change rules and policies frequently. Sometimes, such changes are announced well in advance and well publicized. An example of this is Regent's change in smoking policy. But sometimes, providers' changes in policy are not announced, and are just "sprung on" the traveling public. An example of this is Royal Caribbean's radical change in "personal alcohol" policy which it "sprung on" passengers in June, 2001.

It is a good thing that this mess was just a simple mistake, and not an unannounced policy change by Regent. Involuntary bumping at the last minute would have been a horrible policy. And I have always liked the fact that Regent seems to have a practice of announcing policy changes well enough in advance to allow one to cancel without penalty, if one disliked the new policy that much. But nobody and no company can be free of mistakes. Regent, keep up the good work.

I wanted to give just a f/u that I think will put many worries to rest. This morning I received a call from Ken Watson. This call was followed by an email in which Mr Watson expressed an apology both personal and from the company for the manner in which the above events were handled. In particular he acknowledged that mistakes were made, but some good will come out of this event in that it pointed out a need for improvement in inventory control and the guest notification process. I again expressed I was quite satisfied with the ultimate outcome and very happy that he had called (I think I can finally breathe easy that there won't be any problems during embarkation). I just wanted to share, that in the end, REGENT got it right. Looking forward to a stress free cruise.

Archived