Hilton LA Airport

Floflegs

We stayed there a couple of years ago to break up our flights to Tahiti. Nice hotel, but we didn't find much within walking distance as for restaurants. There are several inside the hotel itself (which as with any hotel are quite pricey), and there was some sort of fast food place next door. But that was about all we found.

Lots of airline employees stay here because of its closeness to LAX. The shuttle worked great though and we were at the hotel that evening and back the next morning without a hitch.

I was able to get the hotel on PriceLine, believe it or not, for next to nothing ($45 if memory serves me correctly). Probably the least expensive hotel we have ever booked because of the PriceLine break.

Hotel was nice, but as I remember, the rooms were just a tad on the small size. But they were elegant and comfortable.

We have stayed here several times, most recently Jan 07. Our rooms were quite spacious. There was a wonderful happy hour buffet that was free with the purchase of your drinks. (shrimp, cheese,meatballs, chicken satay etc) We had no appetite for dinner after sampling all of the food. There was also a lounge on our floor with complimentary computers & a deluxe breakfast. We are always pleased with the hotel & will be staying again next month.

Have a good trip

If you walk out the front door and turn left, you'll be on West Century Blvd.

Cross airport road (where the Shell station is), and there are a few eateries just past the lights.

Or, walk out the front door and turn right... walk about 10 mins (past the Marriott and the Sheraton) and you'll arrive at Sepulveda. Turn right, (stay on the right) and you'll arrive at In&Out burger in about 10 mins.

The restaurant in the hotel was not terrible, I ate there 2 weeks ago...the bread/water server is hilarious older italian gentleman who really likes his job. Made the meal worth having.

That said, I was also on the executive floor and had breaded mozz sticks, and other stuff so that I was in fact, stuffed before dinner.

We stayed there and the rooms were filthy and in bad need of renovation.:eek:

I disagree. The rooms were nice, though the bathrooms were a little small & dated.

For location, the Marriott is next door, then the Sheraton...there's an Embassy Suites a block away....

The Sheraton was nicer than the hilton, but it was fine.

I stayed there in May. Great room, no problems,

The fast food place out to the left is a Carl's Jr. I would not wander beyond that at night.

Yep, that was it Carl's Jr. I couldn't remember the name of it. We stuck with the hotel restaurant and the fast food place. I agree with another post that we did not feel real safe venturing out past there at night.

I disagree. The rooms were nice, though the bathrooms were a little small & dated.

For location, the Marriott is next door, then the Sheraton...there's an Embassy Suites a block away....

The Sheraton was nicer than the hilton, but it was fine.

We had a disgusting room, carpets were badly stained too. :)

Thanks for the info. We will be arriving late on the night before our cruise and wanted to just stay at the airport area.

Are there any places near the hotels to pick up wine and colas for the cruise? I remember there were no places within walking distance of the pier to purchase wine/colas.

Archived