What's so terrible about Deck 2?

Tikibird

I think we have been on every deck there is and all of them are fine by me..........

Bonus with deck 2??? When you get back from a long hot day in port,you can walk to your cabin real quick.......no waiting for elevators or walking up all those stairs when you're hot and sweaty!:)

If you book a specific cabin and are assigned a cabin number, chances are you won't get an upgrade, especially from a lower deck. If you book a guarantee you are usually assured an upgrade to the best available cabin in the category you pay for. It varies with cruiselines.

You will be better off picking the exact cabin you want based on traffic flow and getting the cabin locked in through your agent or RCL. I always pick out my own cabin (they are not created equal) Make sure you are not below a crowded noisy venue. Be wary of big vacant open spaces. That could be an engine/laundry/galley area.

I booked under the pool once - BIG MISTAKE. Heard water sloshing around all night.

The deck 2 cheap cabins are right under one of the dining rooms so would hopefully be quiet after 2nd seating? Yes, we would choose a specific cabin, I didn't even see a guarantee option for my sailing.

I like being within stairway distance of the pool deck, so a deck two room is NOT for me! The cabins are really small (really, really small) and you almost HAVE to use those slooooow elevators to get anywhere!

Upper decks for me!

Hey,you could always walk!!;)

We really do try to walk the stairs every time.........helps offset all that food and drink!!:)

***I do understand some folk cant though...(not saying everyone should)

What I am looking at on the deck plans is that on Deck 2, there are 51 cabins in the space from the stairs going back. On Deck 7 for example, there are 135 cabins in the same space. Not that I am expecting the cabins to be bigger, just fewer people walking around, less traffic density. A droning engine noise wouldn't worry me at all but noisy people coming back from venues would. On deck two, fewer cabins = fewer people.

I'm a stair climber, that's one way to ease the guilt of all those buffets!

We aren't bar/nightclub type people, we would see the show in the Arcadia Theatre and it's a convenient stroll back to the cabin to crash out. We would go to theme nights though like Quest or costume/dress up events.

Archived