Fall leaf watch website for Nova Scotia

haligonian37

I have this website bookmarked at home and thought it may be of interest to those sailing on the Maasdam and the Veendam this fall to Nova Scotia:

http://novascotia.com/fall/en/home/whattodo/leafwatch/default.aspx

The 2007 reports don't start until Sept 20th but last year's are still listed and serve as a good guide for the weeks leading up to the 20th.

Do you live up that way, haligonian? I ask because we are booked on our cruise very late in the season and I'm wondering if it's going to be frigid. We're going 10/17 (of 2008). While I'm sure we'll miss the Fall colors, I'm still hoping we get that nice brisk Fall weather. But we don't want to have to pack our overcoats!!!!:o

How far north are you going? Hard to judge what the weather will/could be without some idea of ports you are visiting.

We saw a few trees with a few leaves already changed when in Bar Harbor last week.

Do you live up that way, haligonian? I ask because we are booked on our cruise very late in the season and I'm wondering if it's going to be frigid. We're going 10/17 (of 2008). While I'm sure we'll miss the Fall colors, I'm still hoping we get that nice brisk Fall weather. But we don't want to have to pack our overcoats!!!!:o

Yes, I do Heather, just outside of Halifax....for those who don't know already, a resident of Halifax = Haligonian. I didn't realize until after I made this screen name that it also reads in part Hal-i-go :).

While I wouldn't call our October weather frigid, the seasonal temps range from 0C to 10C (32f-50f) but we've been know to enjoy temps in the mid to upper teens (celcius of course). The last few years have been much more "warmer" than in the past, but no one believes in that "global warming" thing anyway ;). I think you'd do well with a few layers (sweater and a fleece) instead of a full fledged winter coat.

...........for those who don't know already, a resident of Halifax = Haligonian. I didn't realize until after I made this screen name that it also reads in part Hal-i-go :).................

I didn't know that:) !!! But I did think the name must have something to do with Halifax.

Our cruise will take us to Quebec City for 2 days. We'll be stopping in Halifax and Saint John, NB, and several other Northern ports. Looks like we'll be getting some pretty chilly weather (by my standards;) ).

On the other hand, you never know. We'll hope for a little global warming during our cruise. 50 would be fine especially if it's sunny, but our friends in Saint John who we'll be visiting said it can get very bleak and grey toward the end of October.

We'll just bundle up!!!:D Thanks again for the info, Haligonian, and again for the great link!

It can be bleak and gray and cold in Saint John in August. Out of the four times we have been there in the last three years, three of those days were pouring rain.

You won't need a true winter coat. You will need a good all weather/rain jacket.

Archived