Doc's Lost in the Mail; What did you Do??

Hi Everyone;

Our tickets were mailed to us a week ago. Everyone else in our group got them on Saturday except for us. I checked with the TA and he did mail ours with the rest. It has now been a week and I still do not have them. I checked with the post office and they said that they do not have them there. I also told them that I did not receive ANY mail on Saturday which is very unusual for me. I also should add that I have had a continuing problem with my mail since my mailman of 25 years retired last year. I live in a very small town and everyboby knows everyboby so it is not a big city problem. Has anyone ever had to replace lost tickets, and what am I in for as far as that goes? Thanks for you help. ps. Our cruise is on Sept 26th so I do have a little time.:mad:

This has never happened to me or anyone that I know. I would call the TA, confirm the address and zip code he mailed the docs to. Then insist that he call RCI and get duplicate docs sent out asap. If you are going with someone else and they made the reservation, it is possible that your docs went to them. For instance one of my friends and I went on a cruise in June, I made the reservation, and I was the contact person, so the docs came to me, and they had both our names. Don't delay, just in case you run into an unexpected problem.

Have a great cruise.

Annieeee

You get mailed delivery on Saturday? Cool!

They don't in Canada? US mail delivers 6 days a week for regular mail. Express mail gets delivered on Sunday too. The worst mail unfortunately is in NYC-you should see our local Post office...its terrible but they are improving. It is rare that things actually get lost in the mail but it happens. We are so used to it working well, that any failure is big news... I have stories about foreign mail particularily in Russia but this posting is long enough. They should be able to replace them. Its just paper...Lunasmom-your location shows NYC- a small town?

Hi Annieee,

I did check with the TA and he does have everything right, in fact I have received mail from him in the past. I only person that would be on the Doc's would be my husband and myself so I don't know what to think. The Ta said to call him on Monday and he will start the paperwork for lost tickets. He said that RCCL charges a fee for lost tickets. He said that RCCL sends him the tickets FEDEX so that they don't get lost on their way to the TA. But he also said that he would pay the fee since he did not send them FEDEX to me !!

Lunasmom......I feel sorry for you and your lost tickets! I sure hope thier either suddenly are delivered or you get replacements from your TA.....ASAP!

About your mailman....we had almost the same situation when our mailman went out on disability. Our mail was so srewed up for weeks. All of a sudden one day our doorbell rang and it was our new mailman with a stack of mail! Would you believe this mail was weeks old and some very important legal papers were among them. He told us it was in the "unknown area" of the post office simply because the new mail people didn't know the streets!!! He was very embarresed.....that afternoon the post master called to confirm we recieved that lost mail.....we couldn't believe it! ..... I hope your mail delivery gets better....sounds like it can't get much worse!

I believe it's the postal service. You will probably still get them, (after we got our duplicates last time, it was 2 weeks later, the originals came, with a postmark of just the day before.) So, the envelope had been sitting SOMEWHERE in the post office. Definitly get the paperwork started for the re-issueing.

Not a problem. Don't worry.

You can use Electronic Docs. All you need to do is to go to the RCCL website and complete the On Line Forms, print them and bring them with you. The porters will place luggage tags with your cabin number on all your pieces of luggage.

Last year we booked "Last Minute" less than 2 weeks before our cruise. No time for them to send us our docs. Went with papers in hand and had no problems.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Everyone;

Our tickets were mailed to us a week ago. Everyone else in our group got them on Saturday except for us. I checked with the TA and he did mail ours with the rest. It has now been a week and I still do not have them. I checked with the post office and they said that they do not have them there. I also told them that I did not receive ANY mail on Saturday which is very unusual for me. I also should add that I have had a continuing problem with my mail since my mailman of 25 years retired last year. I live in a very small town and everyboby knows everyboby so it is not a big city problem. Has anyone ever had to replace lost tickets, and what am I in for as far as that goes? Thanks for you help. ps. Our cruise is on Sept 26th so I do have a little time.:mad:

Just wondering what ship you will be on? we are on explorer of the seas on that date.

This happened to me also - the TA sent my documents to my (3 1/2 year) old address (I found this out later as the apartment was empty, we contacted the Super and there were my documents lying on the floor). Once a week went by and I did not have them, he did contact RCL, whom he had Federal Express the documents straight to me. Of course, there was no charge to me (why should there be if you were not the one to lose the documents?).

Thank you all for your replies. I did not get the doc's yet. I was hoping that the mailman left them at my neighbors house who is on vacation,it has happened many times, but I had her Son check for me last night and they were not there. I will call the TA today and start the process.I will let you know what happens and what the procedure is. :)

Thank you all for your replies. I did not get the doc's yet. I was hoping that the mailman left them at my neighbors house who is on vacation,it has happened many times, but I had her Son check for me last night and they were not there. I will call the TA today and start the process.I will let you know what happens and what the procedure is. :)

What ship are you going on?

just spatz

Thanks alot. We sometimes get our mail early morn. and then it could be as late as 9:30 at night. Doesn't make sense. No wonder our government is so screwed up.

Hope you get your Doc's soon. Doing the Doc dance is fun.

just spatz

No Doc's yet. I called the 800 number for the US postal service this morning and I filed a complaint( not the first time I have done this) They said that I can fill our a tracer report if I do not have my tickets within 14 days. I will do that even though I think it is a big waste of time !

Well all i have to say is SCREW THAT.. i would be ticked off at my TA... if RCCL has the sence to send it via UPS with a tracker.. then your TA should do the same. Your taking a crap shoot with the tickets or any mail if you use the US Post Office. I have never run into this situation... but if that did happen to me I would be raising HE** and telling them to get a replacement set sent to me DIRECTLY from the cruiseline via UPS or FED EX etc.. at their expense...I would not be doing all the running around looking for the tickets that was the mistake of your TA...

Tom

In all fairness to my TA, I am having an ongoing problem with the mailman. This is not the first problem with him. When I went to the post office to complain they basically told me that they know he is an IDIOT. The man barely speaks English so how can he read it. Now don't send me nasty e-mails, I have no problem with him being from another country, I JUST WANT MY MAIL. I had the same wonderful mailman for 25 years and I really miss him. Bythe way, I also never received my birthday card my Aunt sent me the same day the tickets were mailed ande mailed them from a different State. I did not receive any mail last Saturday,( when everyone else on our cruise received their doc's) which is very unusual for us.

I did not receive any mail last Saturday,( when everyone else on our cruise received their doc's) which is very unusual for us.

Have you checked to see if anyone on your street got their mail? This is what happened in our neighborhood. The mail lady delivered and a thief came behind and took birthday cards, checks and important looking papers...anything that looked like it might be worth something.

Archived