Really Nervous!! Please Help!!

cthompson

My husband and I have booked our first cruise on carnival Legend leaving 9-23-07, We booked a balcony guarantee and just found out we are going to be in room 8262 which is on the Panorama deck but the room is in the very rear of the ship. How bad is this? I very nervous about getting sea sick :confused:

I think there is just way to much hype about Getting sea sick, people panic way to much, actually very few people get sea sickness on a ship. Odds are you won't, there are many people who get air sick, car sick but put them on a ship and they are fine.

The very aft of the ship does have a very slight shimmy motion, unless you are very prone to sea sickness, you should be fine.

My husband and I have booked our first cruise on carnival Legend leaving 9-23-07, We booked a balcony guarantee and just found out we are going to be in room 8262 which is on the Panorama deck but the room is in the very rear of the ship. How bad is this? I very nervous about getting sea sick :confused:
You will find that it is very easy from your cabin to the buffet;) We stayed in this area on the Pride, which is a sister ship, and we enjoyed it so much that we are booked on the Legend in the same area for our next cruise.

As anyone can tell you, the best cabins for avoiding seasickness are the mid-ship, lower deck, inside cabins. From the goodness of my heart, I would be happy to trade you one of those hard to book, calm, quiet Riviera interior cabins for your shimmy-shaking teeter-totter hovel of a balcony stateroom.

;) :D :D :D (Just kidding, bring the Bonine, you'll be fine)

Awww Liv, that wasn't very nice. :p:D

To the OP...may I ask why did you book a gty? With that you can be put anywhere on the ship. Since you are afraid of getting seasick you should have picked out your cabin and gone for a balcony on the lowest deck that has the balconies which is the Main Deck and also midship. Try not to worry to much and take either Bonine or Dramamine a couple days before your cruise starts. Don't wait until you get sick to take them, you have to take them a couple of days before.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

My thoughts on seas sickness are that if the ship is rocking bad enough, it doesn't matter where you're located, you're going to feel it.

Your aft cabin will be fine. Don't dwell on getting sick because if you do, you're sure enough to bring it on. Bring Bonine just in case..and if you start to feel queazy, take it. Within no time flat, you'll feel great and there are NO side effects from it.

:D Now stop fretting and get excited about your cruise!!!!!

I must say that I am *very* susceptible to sea sickness (or motion sickness of any kind). Up until my most recent cruise, I got sick on all 3 of my previous cruises. It wasn't bad enough to stop me from going (I love cruising!), but annoying enough to where I was basically out of comission for at least a day each time. However, this past cruise, we actually sailed through a tropical storm (ship was rolllllliiiinnggg), and I never even felt nauseous. My new secret? I take 2 herbal ginger tablets when I wake up, and 2 more when I go to sleep, as well as 1 non-drowsy Dramamine the same times. It worked like a charm.

Oh, also...the most important thing to remember is that all of these remedies are PREVENTATIVE medications. So, if you wait until you feel sick to take it, they won't help much. If you are afraid you might get sick, just start taking them about 24 hrs before you board the ship and keep taking them each day.

LOL...I've found a pair or two in my lifetime.

Better you find them , than somebody else!!:eek: :cool:

OP, we had an aft on the Miracle and loved it. Had a storm follow us to Costa Maya which rocked the ship for a while, but never really bothered us.

Better you find them , than somebody else!!:eek: :cool:

OP, we had an aft on the Miracle and loved it. Had a storm follow us to Costa Maya which rocked the ship for a while, but never really bothered us.

Well look what the cat drug in. We though you were supposed to be back a day or so ago. Have to nurse the chillin's tylenol and the sippy cup? :p

Well look what the cat drug in. We though you were supposed to be back a day or so ago. Have to nurse the chillin's tylenol and the sippy cup? :p

Got back yesterday, was on here for a bit. Then had to go see BT, she missed me.:p Put a serious dent in their beer supply.:D

If anyone can get motion sick I can- I feel nauseous just saying the word .... so I was very nervous first time, I pictured myself hanging over the rails for the entire time. But really being on board one of these big ships is more like walking around a floating Mall- there is really very little motion,even in high seas. I don't feel any motion until after I get home.

You will be fine.:)

Archived