Dress Code on Airlines.......

sail7seas

Just too many busybodies about these days. For some reason some folks cannot seem to mind their own business and seem intent on judging others by their own standards.

Perhaps SWA could start a program to designate two days per week as 'formal days' -complete with wardrobe wardens.

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]Let me get this straight:

She cries all the way to Tucson from San Diego because she's been made "the focus of attention" - but she works at Hooters (wearing less) and is calm and composed on the "Today Show"???

Meanwhile, that skirt was pulled waaay down low on her hips for the interview - [I]I'd be willing to bet that it wasn't that low when she boarded...[/I]

...and I too saw the "panty flash" when she sat.

IMO, she's hasn't got a leg to stand on, her Mom's an enabler, the lawyer is an opportunist, and NBC should be ashamed of themselves.

If Barbara Walters were still on the show & conducting that interview, she'd tell that gal to go put decent some clothes on too.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='iancal']Just too many busybodies about these days. For some reason some folks cannot seem to mind their own business and seem intent on judging others [B]by their own standards[/B].[/quote]This is the best description of the actual problem here that I've read.

[quote name='iancal'] Perhaps SWA could start a program to designate two days per week as 'formal days' -complete with wardrobe wardens.[/quote]LOL! :D

[quote name='bepsf']IMO, she's hasn't got a leg to stand on, her Mom's an enabler, the lawyer is an opportunist, and NBC should be ashamed of themselves.[/quote]I agree that she isn't entitled to much compensation; an $80 coupon towards here next flight would probably cover it nicely. (Folks reading some other thread will understand my reference, there.) Her mother is a supporter, not an enabler. The lawyer is an opportunist, just as most civil attorneys are. NBC should be proud that they managed to snag the first interview with this person.

[quote name='bepsf'] If Barbara Walters were still on the show & conducting that interview, she'd tell that gal to go put decent some clothes on too.[/quote]With respect, I think you're completely out-of-touch with the present. I think you need to spend a little time watching The View before passing judgment on what Barbara Walters would or wouldn't say.

I think a lot of folks don't realize how anti-woman this kind of behavior on the part of the flight attendant is. I sure hope Southwest Airlines imposes a very substantial amount of sensitivity training.

[quote name='bicker']I agree that she isn't entitled to much compensation; an $80 coupon towards here next flight would probably cover it nicely. (Folks reading some other thread will understand my reference, there.) [/quote]
$79.99, given she did not step onto a bio-hazzard. :D

[quote name='kakalina']Perhaps she wasn't wearing undies?? :o[/quote]

This was our feeling all along. The skirt sat very low on her hips on the Today Show, but I saw her on other channels later in the day and it was much shorter and I mean [B][I]shorter:o [/I][/B].

My guess is she had left some underwear at home ... it was just a quickie flight to go to the doctor and maybe she thought she'd save some time.:D

The passenger who complained had to have seen "something". I found the outfit a little silly, even a bit odd, but I can't imagine anyone being offended by it.

[quote name='George W. Bush']My thoughts exactly. What's the problem? A cute chick wants to show some skin.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=green]Wouldn't be allowed on your plane. Or would it???:D :D ;) ;) [/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3]I think that she deseves allot in compensation. SWA really screwed up this time. No airline has the right to tell people how to dress. There was no set policy at the time she boarded. I would demand free flights for the rest of her life. Since SWA has a travel dept which includes cruises I think she should get free cruise every year too. I think she is hot hot hot. NOT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Robb[/SIZE]

I used to travel all over North & Central America, including the Carribean, for my job; would easily fly over 100,000 on 2 airlines (each) per year.

What this woman was wearing is MILD compared to what i have seen.

Now, compare this controversy with (1) drunk pilots attempting to fly a plane, and (2) being stuck on a plane, on the tarmac, for over 8 hours.

Archived