Flight Times

pmoments

We are on the Radiance southbound next year just wanted to check is it right you should not book a flight before noon. Thanks

It depends on which port you are arriving into and what your arrival time is. RCI tells you the earliest departure flight time you should book but it is dependent on those other factors.

John

Good suggestion. The biggest problem at the Vancouver Airport can be multiple ships coming in on the same day which causes extra lines for customs/departures at the airport.

Nice thing is that the Radiance comes in by itself at Ballantyne Pier vs. multiple ships at Canada Place. Never had a problem with departures but spending an extra day would take away the worries of catching a flight on time.

Good suggestion. The biggest problem at the Vancouver Airport can be multiple ships coming in on the same day which causes extra lines for customs/departures at the airport.

Nice thing is that the Radiance comes in by itself at Ballantyne Pier vs. multiple ships at Canada Place. Never had a problem with departures but spending an extra day would take away the worries of catching a flight on time.

Probably a good idea re: staying an extra night or two. If it comes into Ballantyne, I had a great experience there last month. Arrival time was scheduled at 7am but it was not until 7.30am that they were ready. I walked off the ship at 7.30am with all my luggage, had pre-reserved Vancouver Shuttle to get me from the pier to the airport (CAD$12/person), was on an 8.30am shuttle arriving at the airport at 9am. No line for check in, minimal line for security, at the gate before 9.30am for my noon departure. The airport started filling up about 10.30-11am from what I could see in the departure areas.

Taxis were already a problem by 8.30am - they just slowly trickled in. I would not recommend taking a taxi unless you are VERY early off the ship.

fti - glad to hear that you had a great experience at the pier in Vancouver. I have booked our return flight for 11:30am. Since this is a domestic flight for us, I figured that we didn't have to be there as early. I have read how difficult it is to get a taxi from the pier to the airport so I will have to look into that shuttle.

pmoments - we are on the same cruise. Not much action on the roll call. What are your plans for pre-cruise?

Gayle

beechfor - Pick up a car and ride up to Talkeenta for the night then up to Denali for two nights, back to Talkeenta for the night and maybe the Mahay jet boat. Then on to Anchorage for the night and take the RR the next morning for two nights in Seward for some sights. How about you?

pmoments - we're planning to spend the first night in Anchorage then pick up a car the next day. Drive to Talkeetna for 1 night, Denali for 2 nights back to Anchorage for a night before catching the early train to Seward. Will spend 1 night in Seward before the cruise. We have a general idea about which tours we will do pre-cruise but haven't looked at excursions in the ports yet.

Archived