Post a Cruise Photo

maxout

HELP...how do I download a larger photo?? thanks

I think I figured it out. When you post a picture that is located on your computer, it shows up as a thumbnail. In order to get it to show up directly in your post you must copy it from a website. I use Webshots but there are many other online photo hosting sites.

Hope this helps ;)

To post a larger Photo, (not an attached image) you need to upload it to a photographic webhost such as:

Logos are Links...

PBLogo.166.BG.white.gif

logo1_onRed_239x74.gif

Once you photos are in a web "album" you can link them back to here. Most of these free services will already have the proper code in a line below your photo, they read like this:

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Tag

IMG Code

The one you would choose to link back here is the IMG Code just copy and paste the entire line into you post and the image will appear.

If the site you choose does not set the code for you, you can copy the photo's web address (from properties) and surround that with vB code image tags {img} photo address {/img} these backets { } would be replaced with [ ] these to make it work.

There are many things you can do with simple vB code to customize your posts. Read the CC FAQ site tutorial HERE.

SOME MORE FAVES...

Rotterdam in Egypt, May 2007

Egypt026.jpg

Rotterdam in Santorini, Greece in June 2007

Pic087.jpg

Maasdam in Akureyri, Iceland in July 2006

iceland.jpg

The Blue Lagoon in Reykjavik, Iceland - July 2006

DSCF5046.jpg

Maasdam in Nuuk, Greenland in July 2006

greenlandflag.jpg

View from the Statendam, docked in Sydney, Australia in January 2007

PIC197-1.jpg

Wow, the photos posted are absolutely beautiful. Mine are somewhat amateur-ish, but they hold wonderful memories for DH and me.

The picturesque fishing village of Marsaxlokk on the island of Malta:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

1448210674_FishingVillageValettaMaltaJune04084.jpg.1adb6e873be4da6ae0918134858b425c.jpg

Thank you. He seemed pretty happy and darted in and out while the ship stayed still. Then he was off again. He probably was huge, but looked so small from our cabin.

If you'd like, I can send you a bigger better version of the photo for your desktop. I had it on my desktop at work as soon as I came home from the trip.

Thank you so much for the offer DedeM - Your 'little guy' is having a great time now on my desktop! :-)

Oh my gosh, the picture of the sloth is wonderful - our guide pointed out something that everyone thought was a sloth. It turned out to be a termite mound.:rolleyes: We knew sloths were slow, but we figured they should move at some time - this one obviously wasn't going to move anytime soon!

Here's my favorite place in the Caribbean - a little piece of Heaven on earth. Half Moon Cay - I look at this photo when the weather's cold and I need a little boost.

2722549990046068627S425x425Q85.jpg

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Those Antarctica shots are getting me excited about this coming January! :D I'll be on the Rotterdam for the Jan 27th cruise! Yippie!!!!!

I've already lifted the shots as if it's a "done deal"---'cuz it is! :D

Formercruisestaff, I've taken several of your shots for my 'puter because I didn't take my own when I had the chance (hope you don't mind)! Thank you for providing them---and some other great shots I have yet to appreciate live!

(isn't "kiss the fish" fun! ;))

Zaandam, Glacier Bay, July 2006

We had breakfast, laid down for a little nap until we got there (setting a wake up call) and when we awoke, we'd nearly missed it! We got there early. It was a cloudy, rainy day so we didn't get spectaular shots.

2037742240095180459S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived