Why hasn't Carnival returned to Belize?

travgurl

I do not understand why Carnival has not returned to the port of Belize? We are suppose to go there in Feb. I would like to book excursions for our trip on the Valor (western Carribean). Does anyone know the reason they have returned? Belize says they are ready for the ships to come back!

I do not understand why Carnival has not returned to the port of Belize? We are suppose to go there in Feb. I would like to book excursions for our trip on the Valor (western Carribean). Does anyone know the reason they have returned? Belize says they are ready for the ships to come back!

Are other cruiselines calling on Belize? Im sure Belize is ready, but Carnival makes the final call.

Just curious - what's the fascination with Belize?

I can think of a myriad of other ports that offer more in the way of local culture.

Belize is the only port ive been to that I have even considered going to one of the smaller islands and staying for a week. Lots to do. Beautiful snorkeling and diving. The cave tubing was absolutely Breathtaking and so much fun. Thanks Yhony!!! I highly recommend Belize.

I take it you arent a swimmer or diver??

o.k. - you are correct.

We enjoy exploring local ports of call. Most of the time, we will set out by foot to discover what the local culture has to offer.

Belize was truly a disappointment in that regard.

Well, I hope we are able to go there as planned in Feb. I plan to repeat the snorkel excursion. Loved Caye Caulker!!! We did this in July and had a fantastic time!

Unless there is future damage to Belize, you will be going in Feb. I would even worry about it. Carnival has invested $$$$ into Belize so more ships will be calling on her in the future.

Has anyone seen the itinerary changes for the ships sailing this weekend??

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/Weather_Update08.aspx?wt.mc_id=HhmpgnewandfunBweather

SEPTEMBER 7, 2007 - 10:00 AM

Due to the impact from the recent storms, we made some itinerary changes for cruises this weekend. We know our guests will enjoy visiting all of these exciting new ports of call.

Carnival Fantasy September 8 departure - The scheduled call in Costa Maya will be replaced with a visit to Progreso.

Carnival Glory September 8 departure - The scheduled calls in Costa Maya and Belize will be replaced with visits to Key West and Progreso.

Carnival Legend September 9 departure - The scheduled call in Costa Maya will be replaced with a visit to Roatan.

All of the other Carnival ships will operate their scheduled itineraries.

We want to sincerely thank our guests for choosing Carnival for their vacation. The entire Carnival team will do everything possible to provide a great cruise experience.

Well, I hope we are able to go there as planned in Feb. I plan to repeat the snorkel excursion. Loved Caye Caulker!!! We did this in July and had a fantastic time!

travgurl - They're starting to show excursions available for booking for our February cruise (okay - only one for Belize so far), so I think we're going! I'm still trying to decide between cave tubing and snorkeling at Caye Culker....

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/Weather_Update08.aspx?wt.mc_id=HhmpgnewandfunBweather

SEPTEMBER 7, 2007 - 10:00 AM

Due to the impact from the recent storms, we made some itinerary changes for cruises this weekend. We know our guests will enjoy visiting all of these exciting new ports of call.

Carnival Fantasy September 8 departure - The scheduled call in Costa Maya will be replaced with a visit to Progreso.

Carnival Glory September 8 departure - The scheduled calls in Costa Maya and Belize will be replaced with visits to Key West and Progreso.

Carnival Legend September 9 departure - The scheduled call in Costa Maya will be replaced with a visit to Roatan.

All of the other Carnival ships will operate their scheduled itineraries.

We want to sincerely thank our guests for choosing Carnival for their vacation. The entire Carnival team will do everything possible to provide a great cruise experience.

Thanks, we are booked on the Legend for December and I've been watching the changes and hadn't seen anything yet for tomorrows cruise. I knew someone here would know!!

travgurl - They're starting to show excursions available for booking for our February cruise (okay - only one for Belize so far), so I think we're going! I'm still trying to decide between cave tubing and snorkeling at Caye Culker....

Although the snorkeling is supposed to be awesome at Caye Caulker, I would recommend that you go cave tubing. Belize is the only island where you can do this and it's spectacular. You could go snorkeling at another island, or on your next visit to Belize. It's a great destination!

NYBumpkin: We loved the snorkeling excursion to Caye Caulker through Croal Breeze, looking forward to doing it again with our friends from NY upstate area. I would rather be in the warm and beautiful ocean water snorkeling. But, that is a matter of perosnal choice. Good luck with your decision.

We are booked on the Valor inbetween the holidays and the Carnival site shows that I can book my excursions everywhere except Costa Maya.

Could it have to do with your cruise being after the first of the year? (Just a thought...)

NYBumpkin: We loved the snorkeling excursion to Caye Caulker through Croal Breeze, looking forward to doing it again with our friends from NY upstate area. I would rather be in the warm and beautiful ocean water snorkeling. But, that is a matter of perosnal choice. Good luck with your decision.

At this stage, it's mostly a matter of what my youngest son (one day past 8 in Belize!) will be able to handle. Doesn't seem fair - I do the research, but I still abide by majority rule:rolleyes: .

Archived