Why hasn't Carnival returned to Belize?

travgurl

o.k. - you are correct.

We enjoy exploring local ports of call. Most of the time, we will set out by foot to discover what the local culture has to offer.

Belize was truly a disappointment in that regard.

I can understand that, some ports you can set out on your own and explore, others you really have to plan ahead.

Just curious - what's the fascination with Belize?

I can think of a myriad of other ports that offer more in the way of local culture.

Huh? Belize is a wonderful stop! The river run up to the mayan ruins is my top trip ever! Amazing ruins, local fare served for lunch by local indians, great trip up/back river ...

Although the snorkeling is supposed to be awesome at Caye Caulker, I would recommend that you go cave tubing. Belize is the only island where you can do this and it's spectacular. You could go snorkeling at another island, or on your next visit to Belize. It's a great destination!

Sorry about calling Belize an island! I was lost in my wonderful thoughts about Belize that I forgot!

Archived