Senior Discount for 3/16 Jewel and Help!

Sueshi

RCCL just put out the senior discounton select cabin types. I booked back in June w/a sale giving OBC and pre-paid gratuities (which I think were from the TA rather than RCCL). Can I get a price adjustment? I'm a 1st timer, so I'd like to be up to snuff when I talk to my TA on Monday. THANKS!

Discounts are not always combineable, so you will have to talk to your TA about it. Just figure out what fare will work best for you. Pre-paid tips are a great perk, on a 7 day cruise that would be about $143.50 for 2 people. Add that together with the OBC and compare to the senior discount price. You also want to make sure your TA won't charge a fee for cancelling the one reservation to make another.

I just went through this on a one day sale with a TA, I called to upgrade and I would have lost my discount if I changed the reservation at all. I found another better deal, but in the end stayed with the original booking, they would have charged me a $75 per person cancellation fee. I've used the agency a few times with good results, but this will be the last time.

But, it never hurts to ask :)

Some TAs will remove the incentive. If they gave pre paid gratuitites, you might have to choose between it and the refund.

Some of those prepaid gratuities were based on a certain price, like you had to book a cabin $699 or $899 or higher to get it...are you still above the cut off price?

Called RCCL to see if they could enlighten me on whether or not I'd get the discount PLUS the other perks...pre-paid gratuities and OBC. The agent referred me back to my TA, but said "have them call us. It should just be a price adjustment." We're not changing the room or anything else, just the price..........I HOPE. Thanks, all.

Archived